The low car scrapings dilemma!

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
No help for you I suppose but - when I need to put the 70 in the house garage I jack up the front end, put blocks between the subframe and lower A-frame to hold it at that height. Usually it's going to be in there for a while. I got rid of the headers on that car but the stock exhaust that I got still dragged some on the passenger side. Should have left the heat riser (gutted) out I guess.

ULTM8Z

Veteran Member
May 19, 2000
Los Angeles
Practicality... that's largely why I like a more factory ride height. I can go up driveways and over speed bumps, etc, like a normal car.

That said, Biker is right... it does look good underneath.

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
Just a thought. Have you thought about using cement and building a small speed hump in the right spot to alleviate this issue? A series of them perhaps just where the tires sit or where necessary. I wouldnt want permanent ramps on my garage in that way.

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
From the pics the three bolt flanges are correct for clearance wise.
I know you hate to mod the exhaust but cutting off the header flanges along with the exhaust tubing flange and then using the 2 bolt band clamps to bridge the gap it could give you the clearance you need.
A bit more bubba is to get a floor jack under one side or the other of the headers, loosen up the header engine flange bolts and apply some pressure to the header to raise it up as much as possible.
To get every fraction of an inch you could try shimming the trans mount up.

TIP-T0P

Nov 4, 2022
Contra Costa County
I think my 1st plan is building 2 solid wood wide tire ramps I can just pull out, mark the driveway where they to be placed each time, when needed to enter or exit the garage. Will update...thank you all for great suggestions!

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina

TIP-T0P

Nov 4, 2022
Contra Costa County
That is the exact and best info I also found. I will be building a ramp very similar, my drive is not that steep so i think I can make a same design but shorter and moveable when needed.

Latest posts