The Reason

Stroked72SS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 26, 2005
Bryan, Texas
Someone sent this to me...thought it was a pretty good explanation, so I thought I'd Share

The Reason Why....I Carry a Gun

This about says it all!!!!!!!!! My old grandpa once said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'.

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place. I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world. I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because, unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me. "Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'."

..author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS

(And for anyone out there who feels like they need to waste time to let me know this is a re-post or something....don't bother...because I really don't care.....just don't read it)

hardline_42

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 24, 2005
Mount Holly, NJ United States
I never get tired of reading this one. Thanks for posting!

This one's my favorite:

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

Any man who doesn't recognize the need for a firearm is as bad as a man who doesn't believe in having fire extinguishers and smoke alarms in his home, doesn't put his kids in a carseat, doesn't keep chemicals out of the reach of his children and doesn't have insurance for himself and his family and then complains when tragedy strikes saying there was "nothing he could do to save them."

Stroked72SS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 26, 2005
Bryan, Texas
twozs said:
its funny though, Ive never seen any one killed accidentally by a smoke detector.

If the batteries run out...I bet it's a good possibility

That arguement is riddled with Holes..We navigate 2 & 3 ton vehicles up and down roads and Highways everyday...and we shave, eat burgers, talk on the phone, read the paper, text message as well as endless other things...

But you want to imply that accidental deaths from guns is an issue ???

You need to check statistics....or maybe take a gun course... proper training can go along way....

just my .02

twozs

Veteran Member
Aug 5, 1999
hopewell jct ny
i grew up with guns all around i even got my sharp shooting merit badge in boy scouts and was part of the rifle club in school. 48 years on this earth and never found myself in a situation where i would have had to pull a gun to save my ass. i dont know where you live but crime isn't that high in my neighborhood to justify a gun. all i know is i was into my parents guns all the time lock or unlocked at a real young age and people get accidentally shot all the time. i guess the saying "it just went off" is made up. it just sounds a little paranoid to me

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 195,000 for accidental gunshot wound. (0.23 seconds)
Tip: Save time by hitting the return key instead of clicking on "search"

Search ResultsNew York Giants' Plaxico Burress suffers accidental gunshot wound ...Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a New York nightclub.
sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3733021 - 68k - Cached - Similar pages
PA: Flintstone boy recovering from accidental gunshot wound ...Learn the truth about those who take pleasure in the suffering and death of another living and feeling being, and about those who make money from such ...
www.all-creatures.org/cash/taah-sh-20081202-5.html - 16k - Cached - Similar pages
Report: New York Giants' Burress suffers accidental gunshot wound ...The latest New York Giants news, scores, updates and more, from the Star-Ledger.
www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/11/report_new_york_giants_burress_1.html - 123k - Cached - Similar pages
18-year-old Iva boy dies from accidental gun shot wound : Local ...Mar 19, 2007 ... Eighteen-year-old Tommy Neil Payton succumbed Monday to wounds inflicted from a gunshot this weekend. His death was found to be accidental ...
www.independentmail.com/news/2007/mar/19/18-year-old-iva-boy-dies-accidental-gun-shot-wound/ - 32k - Cached - Similar pages
More Gun Safety … NY Giants WR Plaxico Burress Suffers Accidental ...NY Giants WR Plaxico Burress Suffers Accidental Gunshot Wound at Nightclub. One Giant mistake after another for Plaxico Burress. Once again Plaxico Burress ...
scaredmonkeys.com/2008/11/29/more-gun-safety-ny-giants-wr-plaxico-burress-suffers-accidental-gunshot-wound-at-night... - 67k - Cached - Similar pages
Car dealer startled by Burress' uncivil behavior - NFL - Yahoo! Sports... who even lamented that Burress’ absence from the team for the final six weeks this season following an accidental gunshot wound cost the team a quick ...
sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?prov=st&slug=txgiantsburress&type=lgns - 43k - Cached - Similar pages
Jackson County Oregon - Sheriff - November 3 - Accidental Gunshot ...Nov 3, 2008 ... INCIDENT: Accidental Gunshot Wound. On November 3rd, 2008, at 9:17 am, members of the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, Mercy Flights and ...
www.co.jackson.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=2767 - 52k - Cached - Similar pages
Fatal work injuries from accidental gunshot wounds, The Editor's DeskOct 28, 2004 ... From 1993 to 2002, 175 workers were killed on the job as the result of an accidental gunshot wound. There were 61146 workplace fatalities ...
www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2004/oct/wk4/art04.htm - 29k - Cached - Similar pages
Colorado PD Dies From Accidental Gunshot Wound — Public Defender StuffThe organs of a 27-year-old deputy public defender who died of an apparently accidental gunshot wound in her apartment will be donated to one of her ...
pdstuff.apublicdefender.com/2006/04/28/colorado-pd-dies-from-accidental-gunshot-wound/ - 52k - Cached - Similar pages
Driver dies of accidental gunshot wound on The Murfreesboro PostJan 8, 2009 ... The Murfreesboro Post, an independent, community-based newspaper, is published on Sundays and distributed to 45000 households, ...
www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=14800 - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Search within results | Language Tools | Search Tips | Dissatisfied? Help us improve | Try Google Experimental

Google Home - Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - Privacy - About Google
hmmmmmmm 195,000 results

Last edited:

Stroked72SS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 26, 2005
Bryan, Texas
My opinion on the matter is in the first thread...

I grew up in the country most of my Childhood, and guns were commonplace...and I don't remember anyone accidentally shooting themselves

I also never received any Merit badges from the Boy scouts so I don't have that claim to fame in my 46 years.

However, I did hold Highest Score at Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton, CA from 1981 to 1993 by shooting a 248 out of a possible 250 during qualification in Bootcamp....

But that fact is irrelevant, and I'm not trying to draw a comparison, we all have our achievements...

...The Constitution gives me the right to Keep and Bear arms, and I have every intention of defending that right, and doing all I can to make sure that others don't attempt to take it from me....especially our government.

I carry a gun because a cop won't fit in my pocket...

Last edited:

Latest posts