The Rust / Baldwin Movie set shooting

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Gary S, Oct 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

In actuality, AB should be charged. Not just because he pulled the trigger, but because he is the producer of the film and has oversight of everything that happens on the set.

As I understand it, this was the third firearms violation during the filming. Strike 1, Strike 2, Strike 3 = You're OUT!

2. doug mundahl

doug mundahl Veteran Member

not issues, him, hes a trouble maker and enjoys it. hope he rots.

3. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

^Yup !! Agreed !

4. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

"he has different opinions than me, he's a bad man"

carr911, roadrace2 and berg2695 like this.
  5. RMTZ28

RMTZ28 Veteran Member

Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge. everyone should do their due diligence. Maybe if just one of them had done it...things would be different.

6. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

There is enough film on Baldwin acting like an ******* to make that case. Ever called your kid a "fat piggy"? The dude is a grade A douche-bag, not that it matters in this situation but I can't believe anyone would defend him LOL.

7. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I haven't really followed this.....did he point the gun directly at her? If so, why?

8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Brian

As I understand it, he pointed it in the direction of a movie camera, not her. I doubt he could have hit what he was aiming at anyway.

9. TTR230

TTR230 Veteran Member

I sincerely doubt he intended to harm anyone, obviously. However, intention has nothing to do with negligence. He's been around the block many times, and I can only think of a couple movies off the top in which he doesn't use a gun at some point or another. He should have known better, and he broke the Cardinal rule of firearms handling, and didn't control the muzzle direction.

Dave Nelson, roadrace2 and biker like this.
  10. biker

biker Veteran Member

Apparently crew members were using "prop" guns with live ammo during their down time for target practice off set.
    From a gun user perspective, none of us can understand why Baldwin wouldn't prove the gun safe upon getting it into his hands. Or why the guy who gave it to him didn't do the same.
    However, the flaky fantasy world of hollywood actors operates differently. A gun to them is a horrible thing they are forced to touch so they can make their "art" and get paid way too much.
    So, they need professionals and procedures in place to stop them from killing themselves. That whole system failed in multiple ways. Complacency being the big one.
    Hell, as cops we are very well trained and we train regularly. We use real guns with blanks or paint rounds with barrels that will not fit .40 cal or 9mm rounds. Even still, we are searched individually for live rounds prior to training, and we prove the guns safe to each other 100 times a day during scenarios.

Dave Nelson and TTR230 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.