The Spoon

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Ztoy, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Ztoy

Ztoy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] Last week, we took some friends to a new restaurant, 'Steve's Place,' and noticed that the waiter who took our order carried a spoon in his shirt pocket.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It seemed a little strange. When the busboy brought our water and utensils, I observed that he also had a spoon in his shirt pocket.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Then I looked around and saw that all the staff had spoons in their pockets. When the waiter came back to serve our soup I inquired, 'Why the spoon?'[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]'Well, 'he explained, 'the restaurant's owner hired Andersen Consulting to revamp all of our processes. After several months of analysis, they concluded that the spoon was the most frequently dropped utensil. It represents a drop frequency of approximately 3 spoons per table per hour.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]If our personnel are better prepared, we can reduce the number of trips back to the kitchen and save 15 man-hours per shift.'[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]As luck would have it, I dropped my spoon and he replaced it with his spare.. 'I'll get another spoon next time I go to the kitchen instead of making an extra trip to get it right now.' I was impressed.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I also noticed that there was a string hanging out of the waiter's fly.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Looking around, I saw that all of the waiters had the same string hanging from their flies. So, before he walked off, I asked the waiter, 'Excuse me, but can you tell me why you have that string right there?'[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]'Oh, certainly!' Then he lowered his voice. 'Not everyone is so observant. That consulting firm I mentioned also learned that we can save time in the restroom.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]By tying this string to the tip of our you-know-what, we can pull it out without touching it and eliminate the need to wash our hands, shortening the time spent in the restroom by 76.39%.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I asked quietly, 'After you get it out, how do you put it back?'[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]'Well,' he whispered, 'I don't know about the others, but I use the spoon.'[/FONT]

2. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

hahaha!!!

3. BTTB71SS

BTTB71SS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

LMAO!... That was great

4. chevyJeff1

chevyJeff1 Veteran Member

Nice ;)

5. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

OK... I too was humored:)

6. 1BAD78

1BAD78 Veteran Member Gold Member

That was good.:D

7. jdove

jdove Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yes it was...

8. gordonquixote

gordonquixote Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hahahaha - had me going there for a second!

9. Ztoy

Ztoy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Need a spoon?

10. hogg

hogg Veteran Member

very good