Thinking about selling....

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by BayAreaCamaro, Feb 8, 2010.

1. BayAreaCamaro

BayAreaCamaro Member

I'm starting to really consider selling my Camaro for a 2010 Camaro SS. Am I crazy or not? Let me know what you think.

Car is not my daily driver. I'm just looking to get something different. The main reason why I don't want to sell is because I have alot of sentimental value in the car, which means nothing to others. I honestly don't think the car will ever be really valuable too since it's a Type LT. Maybe I'm wrong. Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Keep this car the 2010 wont be worth anything either after a few years.

3. gs462

gs462 Veteran Member

I agree the 2010 is UGLY in my book, Id never give my car up for one, On a side note what exhaust is on your car? I've been looking for tailpipes like you have.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  4. BayAreaCamaro

BayAreaCamaro Member

The exhaust is a Flowmaster cat back that was installed back in 2000. It's just a single in, double out muffler mounted in the stock location. When the exhaust shop installed it, I told them to expand the exit area to make the exhaust look bigger. There are no "tips" connected to the exhaust. It's all one single unit. I keep it looking good by using some metal polish on it once in a while. BTW, if I plan on keeping the car, I want to change the exhaust to the stock '77-'81 Z28, dual muffler setup. Anyone know where I can get a complete, bolt on set?

5. gs462

gs462 Veteran Member

Were The tailpipes were polished when you got the system new?

6. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

man keep ur old school. It looks alot better than the 2010. And you can cruise the car shows on the weekends and be proud to own a classic camaro and not somthing that you can go to a dealership and look at. Around here the 2005+ mustangs are like flies at the shows. Its just another excuse for a muscle car at the shows... ill just go to champion to see like 50 of them.lol KEEP IT MAN!!!

7. BayAreaCamaro

BayAreaCamaro Member

No, just dull stainless steel. I used some metal polish to make them look better.

8. owen1980

owen1980 Veteran Member

You can check my signature on my post's I love Camaro's I am 29 and have owned 9 F-bodies and my good buddy has owned several as well and neither of us have any interest in owning a gen 5 Camaro I do not like anything about if other than the Engine's. I love the late second gen's the best i would keep it. I have been around several people who sold classic cars for the newer counter parts and regreted it. I talked a guy out of selling a 1960 Corvette because he wanted a newer one. Keep the car the gen 5's will be going down in price for at least 10-15 years get one in 5 years when they are obselete. I have sold every single 4th gen I owned and kept my 80Z. Just to secure my position, I am not a fan of the style of the new Camaro's. I would rather own a Challenger(but never a Mustang!) FYI I am currently driving a 2005 Cobalt 4dr in ugly gold 32mpg suburban driving.

9. 1981zapper

1981zapper Veteran Member

Keep your 78 for a few reason
    1. the new camaro looks ugly in my books
    2. you have something that is "American made" not like on the new camaro where everything is basically made in mexico or China
    3. the 2nd gens later on will be worth more

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  10. laninme

laninme Member

Anyone can drive a 2010, just plunk down the cash. But how many can say that they a clean old school camaro