This ’79 Z/28 Is A Survivor. Should The Owner Modify It?

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
Do the bolt on stuff Headers Intake Carb or EFI but keep the parts for later if resale is in the future. Don't cut it up leave it stock looking. My 2 Cents.

Da_Raabi

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
I've noticed recently that "news" seems to subsist completely on copy-pasting tweets and online posts. Does nobody find it odd that this guy wrote an entire article based on a nastyz thread? I'm assuming he asked permission of all users involved?

GoldenOne7710

Equal Opportunity Offender
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 23, 2004
Athens, GA
Something all original, numbers matching and pristine as that car, I'd say leave it as-is. If one already has had an engine and/or transmission swap in it's life, it's fair game. I actually like resto-mods when they're done with some class and aren't overkill.

camarolife78

Veteran Member
Jul 22, 2014
Gardner, KS
Not exactly a "survivor." In the article it states the quarter panel, and the trans have been replaced. Two big ticket items that take away from the survivor aspect. It is no longer 100% original paint, and that the drivetrain has a different transmission, definitely not a survivor. Modifications won't hurt it.

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
79 Z28s were built by the thousands... It's not a rare car.
Unless it's an extremely rare 79 Z28 RS (which should have NEVER been modified), the owner can do what they want with it. ;)

Personally, I would not make any uncorrectable changes and keep any original parts that are removed.

Latest posts