This time it is the Japanese cheating

nads70

Veteran Member
Sep 30, 2003
nh
TL73Z28 said:

Nope, the article says that Mitsubishi's going back 20 years and the GM article you posted is for 2016 GMC's so GM would be following Mitsubishi's lead. Not that any of it matters. I've owned about every brand of "common" car ( no Bugatti's or anything) and have personally never had a vehicle that got close to the MPG stated by the manufacturer.

harbone66

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 15, 2011
Central Illinois
Hyundai and Kia did the same thing 3 or 4 years ago and had to reimburse owners based off their average miles driven per year
Mitsubishi just closed the local plant that was here for almost 30 years. After the 0 down, 0% interest and 0 payment for the first 2 years deal they ran in 2000 that bit them in the ass after customers just started turning their 2 year old cars back in the company just started a nose dive that they have never been able to pull out of.
The local Mitsubishi dealer that I started working for in 1988 is the largest selling dealer in the United States, not saying much at about 40-50 new Mitsubishis a month.
I would dare to say within a year that Mitsubishi will completely pull out of North America.

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
What do people expect when there is NO OUTSIDE OVERSIGHT...(rooster guarding the hen house)
kinda like the FDA with cattle farmers "self inspection" ...yeah I'm sure everyone of them are 100% to the letter within code.....

TwinnEngines

Veteran Member
Oct 13, 2014
Now Moving to Parts Unknown
Fbird said:
What do people expect when there is NO OUTSIDE OVERSIGHT...(rooster guarding the hen house)
kinda like the FDA with cattle farmers "self inspection" ...yeah I'm sure everyone of them are 100% to the letter within code.....

LIke NASCAR and Drag Racing in the 'ole days........lol