Those of you who ship packages regularly

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Shizzle, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

This was just as of yesterday, the day before they didn’t ask me to. But since the last bomb went off at FedEx, I’m guessing it hit close to home.

2. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Things must have changed yesterday as I shipped 2 Boxes via FedEx yesterday morning and I only use the FedEx Shipping Center

3. goofnrox

goofnrox Veteran Member

Are shipping company employees bomb techs now? How would they know what a bomb looks like vs a pile of replacement electronic stuff? Or legit items on top of a bomb that likely doesn't look like what Hollywood has taught people what a bomb looks like. More feel good policy that doesn't actually make anyone safer, and invades peoples privacy.

4. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

My thought was why put your employees in that potential danger of it going off upon opening it.

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Too many packages make theie way through the shipping channels...not practical to personally inspect each one. What about all the personal accounts where they pick up mass packages??

I think is too far left...you can’t prevent it all.

6. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Shipping just went up. What a hassle.
    I never ship,ups. Hate ups. Those guys that deliver just pull up anywhere they want and stop. Plus the shorts look gay.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  7. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois..... Far S.W. Subs, RT 66 Area

You can never stop some brain defect loser.
    All they did was cause the 99.99999999% normal people a big hassle!!!

All the shipping stores will now double their work, because now we all have to wait in line while they inspect and seal everything.

Real punishment for POS criminals will help a llittle, but a brain defect is a brain defect and don't care about them self or us!!!

8. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

I have now experienced this. My Headers were supposed to arrive today, instead they were sent 30+ miles away, they had been at my local fedex warehouse, to be inspected in light of the mail bomber. When I told the lady on the phone that I don’t make a habit out of shipping bombs she lost her poo, “Oh no! Please don’t say those words” WTF engine drop in is another day away now... oh well the weather up here took a turn for the worse anyway.

9. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

We ship out Hundreds of Packages every day! I'm assuming they aren't looking at Commercial Shippers

10. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Our shipments generally weigh several thousand pounds. The guys who pick the order have anywhere from 25 to 40+ years with the company. When they get done, I go out to make sure the orders is filled right and packaged properly. I've seen orders that weigh as much as 15,000 pounds. There is no place to hide anything else in our orders.