• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SSomerville

Veteran Member
Jun 16, 2016
Burlington, ON, CAN
Hey Guys,

My 70 RS Z28 is about to go into body.

Now final color is probably a year away, but I am thinking about it right now.

The original color was Classic Copper with Black Stripes. Someone has painted over it with matt black.

I am thinking about making this a corvette tribute since I am putting in a rebuilt 70 LT1 engine inside.

So I am thinking about Mulsanne blue with darker midnight blue wide stripe and white pin stripe.

Not a numbers matching, but trying to make it as close as possible.

What does everyone think? I am not a fan of the Classic Copper ( ugly 70 brown).

But am I crazy? Would depreciate the value?

Looking forward to hearing the pros and cons.

CamarosRus

Veteran Member
Feb 16, 2000
Auburn,WA (between Sea & Tac)
Not a numbers matching, but trying to make it as close as possible

Original factory 70 R/S Z28's need to painted the ORIGINAL Color
to realize the highest value at sale time.
z1.jpg
z4.jpg
20131123_101622.jpg
tn_IMG_1164.JPG
tn_IMG_1165.JPG
z1.jpg
z4.jpg
[

FlaJunkie

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 24, 2001
Rockledge, Florida
I am thinking about making this a corvette tribute since I am putting in a rebuilt 70 LT1 engine inside.
Love ya, man, but that's just warped!

The 1970 Camaro had an LT1 in it...and was sheepishly referred to as "The poor mans corvette." Didn't really like that attribute. That motor is the same in both Corvette and Camaro that year. Oh you'll hear claims of differences, but I don't think so.

In any event, it's your car. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink!

I think cranberry red with black stripes and the LT1 would be super! :)

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
The input that is most important is what YOU want. You have not chimed in yet. A good paint job will add value regardless of color. YOU are paying for it, YOU get to decide.

70-camaro

Veteran Member
Mar 25, 2010
marietta ohio
My 70 was originally autum gold. I am not fond of that color so I am going with mulsanne blue for what it is worth. Ultimately it's your choice. I thought maybe I may add SS stripes in a white or silver pearl.

zekefreak

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 16, 2006
western PA
If you're restoring it to resale it, then go original color. If not, paint what color you like best. When you go to a car show, what color stands out the best to you? This is probably the color you would be happy with.