Three 70 SS/396 L78's for sale

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by 70-SS/RS-L78, Dec 17, 2020.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

^^ Funny how repop parts just stick out. That fender and hood chrome is just a tad too short.

2. carhead22000

carhead22000 oldblue

thats a good eye you have..never noticed was too busy drooling over them..

3. MagicRatt

MagicRatt Veteran Member

Wow, nice rides.......82,500 for the red one. Holy smokes!!

4. badazz81z28

I'm surprised people restoring these cars overlook the details! When it comes to an L78...How do you cheap out!?!?!

5. carhead22000

carhead22000 oldblue

yep agree,theres only one-way to do them.....the right way.there so hard to find..do them justice.

6. MagicRatt

MagicRatt Veteran Member

Finding original L78 parts has been a 36 year long journey for me.....but I have found parts and made progress

7. badazz81z28

Wow 36 years? Should have got most if it from GM in the 80s! lol

8. MagicRatt

MagicRatt Veteran Member

yeah man....bought the car in 1985. Didn't realize what I had until sometime later on. Never would imagine I would still have it today. Back in the early days I was told by a few old timers what I had and to hold on to it. I also passed up the chance at grabbing some L78 exhaust manifolds for 60.00 bucks or something dirt cheap like that. Seems like decades ago now. Three years ago I cracked the original 291 cylinder head under an exhaust seat. The L78 engine now sits on a stand minus one head in my garage. Find parts, break parts. It never ends.......

Dave Nelson likes this.
  9. rotinrob

rotinrob Veteran Member

I bought as much of the sheet metal as I could from the General back in the 80's for my car. Not all of of the parts were totally correct. For instance the well discussed front fender issues, trunk drop offs only had one hole not two as the original car had, and the fact that the dash top had the opening for the longer VIN tag. The quarters were pretty good but I think the depressions in the door jambs are different, the deck lid (still needs the holes for the emblem however), filler, door skins, the one rocker panel I could still get, and rear valance (except the braces) were all good. Should have bought the trunk floor that was still available, well to well and seam to valance but went with a overseas patch panel (the differential hump was wrong) and outer wheel housings (no paint drain hole), none of which could be welded.

rgs