Three 74's might go to the crusher....mine

Chevy 350

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 4, 2007
So. IL
If youve got a small block that runs good I can maybe pick up sometime this summer
Trans for that matter as well

southern-breeze

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 24, 2004
north alabama
jdove said:
:eek: :eek: Okay brother Woody....

Everything goin okay brother?

going fine now.been in the hospital -couple weeks back with pancres problem .and now i have to lay off of meats for a while ,cause my body is having problems with it .

f-body

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2000
Dallas
YOU HAD TO POST THE OLD HOOD HUH!!!!! I now have a cowl hood scoop. I still have that hood. I am going to shorten it and play with it some more.
Its no more hideous than those dam huge hood scoops that cover up half the windshield.

70Camaro406

Veteran Member
May 4, 2006
Cadillac, MI
Unless a car runs in the 6's at over 200, it doesn't need a hood scoop. I've seen cars with cowl hoods running well into the 8's, even in the 7's. I hate big ole hood scoops.

f-body

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2000
Dallas
It’s now 2022. Yeah the that divorce was brutal. Things are better anyway. Financially I may never recover.
I still have all three. The green 74 may be back on the road sometime soon.
The ex wife and I get along now for the most part.
I may never get them back on the road. But who knows. Prices for everything are stuck on stupid. It would be the time to sell, but things may be looking up and I may have some money to fix them. At 53 I’m still at the point that if I can’t build them no body gets to. And with the comments from people with no money about you want to much when ever you post a for sale add yeah I’m done. When every for sale add wants $700 for a stock posi 10 bolt and $2k plus for a rusty 74 body. Don’t ever get me started on the people who ruin them with 70-73 conversions. Yeah I will keep them, store them in the back yard, build them, or do whatever I want with them. But I sure won’t give them away.
Many forums have become extinct. To many social media outlets that people frequent that have no knowledge on how to build anything. And I’m so tired of the LS swap. Add that to things I will never do.
Did everyone forget how to read a basic repair manual and adjust valves!
I been in this board with the same name prior to 1997, when there was a great reset but we kept our old screen names. Same name still.
I may be the same lovable a-hole. But the original post about crushing my 3 cars was not for attention, not some “emo child” I was just venting. That was two year divorce, that cost me the aircraft job with $80k plus income in 2008-2010 and pretty much everything I had. So am I bitter that I’m older and still don’t have my cars done? Sure am. But life goes on. But I still have all three of them. And this game called life is not over yet.
Hope all of you get to build you cars while are you are young enough to enjoy them.

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
Don't let the divorce get you down. I got a divorce when I was 57. The Ex got 80% and I got 20% of everything. She got a paid off house and I got a new 30 year mortgage. I didn't let that get me down. I remarried and together with my new Wife, we increased our "almost nothing" into a comfortable life with enough cash to be OK. In addition, I went from a daily hassle to a very happy life.

Jimmac

Veteran Member
Dec 24, 2013
tucson az
I was at a yard sale a few years ago, guy had a 74, malibu wagon. 454 th400 8 inch ralleys. I asked about the car, not for sale, but the wheels, drivetrain anything else was available (I bougjt the wheels amd tires) the wagon was his first car, after the motor sold, he went to the scrap yard with the shell. it was his car and nobody could have it. jim

dcozzi

Veteran Member
May 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I finished my car recently, after 15 years, and am also 53. I started thinking I would never drive it and considered getting rid of it. Glad I did not cause it is FUN!
You need to burn some tires to make you feel better.

Latest posts