Three-point rear seat belts?

Da_Raabi

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
I'm curious - all of you Camaro historians out there: did 2nd gen F-bodies ever come with three-point rear seat belts? I've never seen them, but while working on the rear glass I had the package tray board off and noticed what looked like retractor mounting points in the corners. I never took pics, but you can just see what I'm talking about behind the big goofy RE in this pic (top left of pic). Is that a mounting pad for a retractor?

Sorry for the pic quality, I just grabbed the first one off google that had what I was talking about.

maxresdefault.jpg

70lt1z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 3, 1999
Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
Rarest option out there. Option AS4 in 1970. 89 units sold.

Da_Raabi

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Rarest option out there. Option AS4 in 1970. 89 units sold.

Good call! A quick search even pulled up a retrofit set of belts. I'm assuming these would still fit the later second gens, unless the redesign around the window glass/pillar made it too tight?

For the price, with the inclusion of the bracket, this might be a pretty legit way to get 3-point rear belts. Who knew it would be so easy???

BonzoHansen

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 1, 2005
Scott from Hamilton, NJ
Good call! A quick search even pulled up a retrofit set of belts. I'm assuming these would still fit the later second gens, unless the redesign around the window glass/pillar made it too tight?

For the price, with the inclusion of the bracket, this might be a pretty legit way to get 3-point rear belts. Who knew it would be so easy???

Call Billy and talk to him. He'll answer all your questions. I have his belts in my 67

Latest posts