Time Capsule

Brian Laverd

Veteran Member
Feb 13, 2012
Chicago IL
woody80z28 said:
Wow, that car is amazing.

And for the drivetrain...there should be plenty of room to drop it in as a unit. I've done it with my huge 6spd attached a couple times. Autos aren't so bad to hook up under the car though. I like to stab a clutch out where I can get to it easier.
Thanks, I'm probably going to install the engine first and try to tackle all the projects that that will incur. Then add the trans after getting all the missing linkages and stuff.

arick793

Veteran Member
Oct 27, 2008
Rochester, NY
I would put the motor and Trans in together. It's several times heavier when you're laying on the ground! And those bellhousing bolts are a pain to do in the car. I was able to install my motor and Trans by myself in ten minutes (of course, it was way easier without a front end)

Mike76Rally

Veteran Member
Jan 6, 2013
Canon City, CO
Subscribed. That is a great find. hope your engine install goes well and I would play it safe with the mounting plate and all that well-maintained paint around...slow and steady

Last edited:

Brian Laverd

Veteran Member
Feb 13, 2012
Chicago IL
Mike76Rally said:
Subscribed. That is a great find. hope your engine install goes well and I would play it safe with the mounting plate and all that well-maintained paint around...slow and steady
Thanks Mike, I'm in no hurry. Slow and steady wins the race. Didn't know there was a limit on the PM of 50. Had to clear my box out as I'm expecting a message from another member. He tried to PM me it was # 51:whine:

Latest posts