Time lapse video of the world's largest ship being built in 80 seconds

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
LEGO's the size of YOUR house!!!!!.....lol but yes that is what you get when little boys play with lego's AND ERECTOR set!!! ;)

Marks71BB

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Fbird said:
LEGO's the size of YOUR house!!!!!.....lol but yes that is what you get when little boys play with lego's AND ERECTOR set!!! ;)
My house isn't that big. More like the size of apartment buildings :eek:

I grew up with both, excellent learning tools/toys!!

parts_master1 said:
I sure would like to see that in slow motion.

Yeah it does go a bit too fast, I would like a bit more detail and a narrative.

Still cool as hell. :D

lyrch

Jan 25, 2011
west monroe la
I've seen it first hand. After I got out of high school I want a change. I had been working for family in body shops for 5 years. I moved to New Orleans and went to work for Halter marine in Lockport. I worked there from 1995-2000. We built 3 kinds of ships a 200 ft supply boats, a oval shaped docking boat, and 200 ft yachts. We built ours upside down in sections then flipped them over and put them together on land. We didn't do the dry dock, we launched them. It is a very interesting process.

CamarosRus

Veteran Member
Feb 16, 2000
Auburn,WA (between Sea & Tac)
MAERSK has a weekly service calling at the Port of Seattle. While not that big of ship it is still very large.

MAERSK is the biggest container ship operator in the world.

Much of what you see and buy at your local Box stores mfg in Asia comes to
you via MAERSK and enter through the Ports on the West Coast.

I work on the waterfront in Seattle and Tacoma, WA

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
twozs said:
at 25 seconds they take it out of dry dock to get another ship out from behind it ???

That's not unusual, more efficient use of drydock space to build two or more vessels at a time.