Times are getting tougher....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Keizer, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

I was trying to be as real as I thought. No way would they do anything to try to prevent these animals from even weighing the consequences. Too many criminal rights advocates out there and not enough victims rights advocates. The only way to make them think about it is for reports to come out that more and more invaders end up dead on the floor.

2. pinoaktwh

pinoaktwh Member

So nobody owns boats in Washington?

Not being a smart ass, really I'm not. I was just making the point, criminals tend to follow the herd.

You are obviously an honest man, the bad guys tend to think outside the honest box. Lol

3. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That was my first thought too.
    I'm sure an Island , there's private boat docks galore.
    Professional thieves have access to numerous things.....and I'm sure boats have been stolen too.

Doug, is obviously an honest man who doesn't think like a crook.
    Sometimes to better defend oneself you have to understand the mindset of a criminal.

4. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'll have to look at a map as I'm not very familiar with the area. I've been to Friday Harbor once, but it was under grave circumstances. It was a neat little town though.

How far from them are you? Friday Harbor is where my grandparents used to live. I have an uncle that lives nearby... but I don't remember the city offhand though.

My wife lived in Bremerton for a year or so a handful of years back. She liked it as far as I know.

I have a pretty ignorant perception of WA state as far as the weather goes. I have to admit, I kind of enjoy my mono-season.

I've been kicking around the idea of Texas at the urging of a buddy of mine too. All these places sound nice.. but a change that huge is scary.

5. Aceshigh

From a young bachelor view with 1000's of other squids......it sucked, and so did the weather.

I guess from a woman's perspective......it is probably ALOT different.

Let's put it this way.......Attractive (non-obese) females are a VERY VERY rare commodity there.

I mean that in a good way obviously.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  6. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah,
    95 lb pit bull is a good deterrent. Also gives notice in case you're asleep.
    I answer the door holding him by his collar. If something happens to me, the dog is loose.

7. Aceshigh

That's a good idea that I didn't think of actually......

Good call Jake.

8. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Really? I thought that was common sense. I 'strain' to keep my dogs back. What the potential crook doesn't know is that if I let those collars loose, they are in for one HELL of a doggy licking.

9. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My "bully" pit is a big ham of a dog for the most part. During the day I let him run free pretty often between my house and shop. He will lay on the concrete of the shop build room (A/C'd) blocking the way to the bathroom and ignores us, customers, delivery people, etc. He doesn't even bark at people. He does like to chew tires on moving vehicles, that's about the only thing he will "attack".

However,
    At night, in the house, he's an entirely different animal. He lays on a big ottoman and lounges. If someone approaches the door, he's loud and ready to go.
    I've had to hold him back a couple of times recently. A new neighbor (male) came over to ask for salt at 11 pm a couple of weeks ago. Odin was not friendly.

One of my daughters friends went to camp with them, and when they came back her family was out of town. They came to pick her up at 12:30 at night and the dad came up to the door. I'm pretty sure if I didn't have Odin by the collar we would have been added to the pitbull statistics.

He's different at night. Definitely territorial.

10. Aceshigh

If you live in the ghetto, yeah :crazy:
    Nah, mine TRIES to get past me at the door, but I can usually keep him at bay easily.
    I never considered showing him by holding him by the collar so they can SEE him.
    It just dawned on me that this would be useful for my wife if she can get past the
    whole restraining him PITA part she hates.

I guess, we've grown too comfortable ourselves.....and obviously my wife is oblivious
    to the usefulness of a large powerful dog as a guard dog. Me, I have a baseball bat
    by the door (old habit). She however, will corral him into his kennel by the door
    .....effectively rendering him useless UNLESS it's late and she's alone.

Mine is the same temperament......goofy , playful, but at night, it's his domain.
    Somehow , someway.....they figure this out on their own. Don't ask me.

He's woken us up several times. I sleep daytime and anytime a delivery guys coming
    NEAR my door he's on 10 and barking like a madman.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012