Title in hand?

Coadster32

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
Milford,CT
well in AZ you don't get a title in your possession anymore. it's on the dmv website. if you want a actual paper title, you have to go on the website and have them mail you a title. For out of state buyers you need this, if your a az resident, you can do it on line. jim
In CT, they DMV doesn't go by title after 25 years old anymore. Ownership goes by the last person registered to. Might give me a big issue if I move out of state or try to sell to someone out of state. Be easier indeed for the car to stay in state.

Matt T

Veteran Member
Nov 12, 2003
Pawtucket, RI, USA
Yeah, RI DMV doesn't require title for anything before 2000. If you have one for an older car you can get a new one, but most people don't. Like Coadster said, makes it real fun to sell to nearby MA or anyplace else that requires one no matter how old.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Because "I have title" may be misinterpreted. I have a title for my truck too...but the bank has it until I pay the truck off. Title in hand is very common to say, I physically have it...

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
Is it a "clean" title? I hate dirty titles.
Clear title. I havent ever seen a clear title. I mean, if its clear, its gonna be hard to see the VIN.
I do see the "tongue in cheek" humor of this thread, but take it from my experience, just cause owner has "title in hand" still doesnt mean it has the proper names on it, or signatures in the right places, etc. Trust me......lol.

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Clear title. I havent ever seen a clear title. I mean, if its clear, its gonna be hard to see the VIN.
I do see the "tongue in cheek" humor of this thread, but take it from my experience, just cause owner has "title in hand" still doesnt mean it has the proper names on it, or signatures in the right places, etc. Trust me......lol.
Bought a basket case HD years ago. Worked on it when I got time. By the time I got it done the PO had moved to Arizona! lol. I tracked him down through a friend and sent him the CLEAR title he gave me. He didn't sign it. He had to sign it in front of a notary. In the meantime I wanted to ride it and make sure everything was OK, so I made a plate out of cardboard and crayons, put a smoke cover over it and rocked it for a couple weeks till I got the signed title back and got it registered. Sometimes I can't believe the stupid sh!t I did when I was young...

Latest posts