TKX 5-SPEED

rosco72z

Veteran Member
Jul 7, 2000
Canada eh
Installed a TKX in my 72Z beginning of summer had no issues at all as far as I can tell you on my set up it was a perfect fit and a blast to drive, original trans was a M21. Silver Sport Transmission was my suppler and took great care of me.

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
Installed a TKX in my 72Z beginning of summer had no issues at all as far as I can tell you on my set up it was a perfect fit and a blast to drive, original trans was a M21. Silver Sport Transmission was my suppler and took great care of me.

Did the floor have to be cut anywhere?

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
Floor shouldn't need to be cut at all. I'm looking at one for both the GTO and the Camaro. The GTO trans tunnel is more restrictive than the Camaro/Firebird - and on my Pontiac board there are several members who have put the TKX in GTO's without any cutting.

JNF91

Jun 3, 2021
Kansas
We put one in my '76. Needed to trim just a little on the shifter opening-now the right screw on the chrome trim has nothing to bite into(no console). Other than that, it went right in. I got my kit from AMPerformance in Phoenix and was treated like an old friend.

It was my understanding that A-body fitment was a priority for this design.

rosco72z

Veteran Member
Jul 7, 2000
Canada eh
No cutting of the floor at all as I mentioned perfect fit. I bought the crossmember from SST and maybe this drops the transmission down a bit for a better fit.

Latest posts