TMI SPORT XR seat for 71-81 anyone seen these?

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by BB72R-Yes, Jan 19, 2014.

1. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The prices on the Sport R seat is looking like $366. Might still be cheaper to go with 4th or 5th gen seat/ GTO seta or the Nissan 300ZX seats. If you can find them covered in what you want and then get the backs to match. I bought 300 Zx for $200, modded stock Nissan bracket to bolt in my car and then another $950 to get front and rear recovered in Marine grade vinyl, two tone.

2. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

$366 isn't bad if they include the buns, that's close to what I paid for the stock front seat buns and upholstery. Even better deal since most people already have the stock seats sitting in the car to recover.

If you can do a F/R conversion over a stock set for a few hundred dollars more it would be worth it

3. BB72R-Yes

BB72R-Yes Veteran Member

[​IMG]

They ad also showed this tamer version sans the grommets and with the inserts. I think I may go this route this year. I'd like to see a set in person before I do thou.

4. Squeaky192

Squeaky192 Veteran Member

Reviving this from the dead.

I have the Sport R setup on the way. Did black and black with black stitching. Also have the Sport R door panels and center console coming, so I'll snap some good pics of it all once I get it in, then more once I get around to getting them upholstered up. :cool:

5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

sweet, look forward to your posts!

6. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

Did that price we talked about above include the buns? I have to re-do mine and was thinking about this

7. Squeaky192

Squeaky192 Veteran Member

Looking through their MSRP document I was sent, it looks like a full set of the Sport R upholstery is $699.95. (front and back set covers)

The seat foam is $188.95, but that's just for both front buckets. They don't offer a rear seat foam as of yet, so I'll have to get one coming from classic or somewhere.