Tough week... Doesn't pay to take a vacation anymore...

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by CamaroDoc, May 25, 2019.

1. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Well, a little update. Turned the mini van into a cargo van by yanking the extra seats and covering the floor with plywood and a rubber cargo mat. Also added a tow hitch. The van has a 3800 lb towing capacity which will get me by until I can get another truck together.

Looking for an early 60s GMC truck body as a replacement for the drowning victim. It will get the 350 Vortec out of the 96 with a carb conversion, an NV3500 5 speed overdrive trans and probably a newer style rear diff, sticking with the 6 lug unless I go the 3/4 or 1 ton route. I really do need something that will pull my 36 ft gooseneck horse trailer. It's all steel and weighs 7000 lbs empty.

I figure the best path to recovery is to forge ahead. On the 8th, I snagged and dragged another 70 Camaro parts car into the shop. It has been baking in the sun for a LOT of years but has some nice and hard to come by parts on it. I'll be working on getting it parted down this weekend...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Well where the heck are the pictures of it ?

3. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

I haven't taken any with the tablet yet. I can text you a couple if you like. She's no prom queen but you know, the ugly ones have a lot to offer as well, to quote a cliche...lol

4. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Keep your head up. Positive thoughts. I know i sound like ive been through hours and hours of training. Sorry man. Hope it all works out.

5. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

I'm used to rolling with the punches, and I refuse to roll over and give up. Just deal with life's setbacks and move on....

6. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

imagejpeg_0.jpg imagejpeg_0_3.jpg imagejpeg_0_2.jpg Here you go Britt, Got them posted up for ya.

xten and Smokey15 like this.
  7. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Thanks Wess, I don't usually post pics of my parts cars, just the parts that come off them, but I guess inquiring minds want to know... It had a nice rear window in it too, but I pulled it before transport. Didn't want it blowing out. Best parts on this one are all the trim pieces...

8. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

No problem Britt, trying to help sell some of those parts for you :D

9. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I looked around a bit to see if there were any "Arrowhead" GMC or Chevy pickups in decent shape around here. Geez, the prices are ridiculous. Anywhere from $8000 to $20,000. The cheaper ones weren't all that nice either. I remember when they were fairly cheap!

Smokey15 likes this.
  10. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

I already have a place staked out that has about 20 truck bodies to choose from. I just need to spend a couple hours looking them over to see which one will work best for what I want to do. A body is going run me $500 - $750...