Transmission rebuilders in either Stillwater or Tulsa?

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by gutted72, Aug 8, 2021.

1. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Hope y'all are staying cool,

I'm hoping to get some recommendations on where to take my TH350 transmission to get rebuilt in either Stillwater or Tulsa.

Current TH350 transmission is shaking/shuddering really bad when I try to drive the Camaro and I know the torque converter is good. I would attempt to rebuild it myself but don't have the time or tools needed and let's just say the first/last transmission I rebuilt didn't work or last very long before it ate something inside the case.
    I contacted a place in Claremore about getting it rebuilt and their only response was "we only build those transmissions for high end rock crawlers, 4x4's, hotrod's" I replied to that with what it's going into and never heard from them again.

Hopefully someone can point me to a good place or person that I can get it rebuilt or even just exchanged for a different one.

Thanks,

Wess

2. 1970Camaro

1970Camaro Veteran Member

Thats only 4.5 hrs to Precision Transmission in amarillo TX, check his youtube vids, SUPER knowledgeable guy, family run business

3. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

That's probably right but I'd like to find someone a little more local, just in case something doesn't work out.

1970Camaro. Side note I actually lived in Reseda in the late 70's on Etiwanda Ave about a block from Resead HS. Ah the good ole days.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  4. INSPECTOR57

INSPECTOR57 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Wess,
    I've used Payton Transmission (405-747-5973) with good results. They're on Coyle Rd SW of Stillwater, I did the carry in / carry out with my TH400. Many of the local rodders use him (I'm told).
    Gary

5. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Thanks Gary, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

6. Devryn

Devryn Veteran Member

Speaking of transmissions...I have a rebuilt 700R4 and torque converter out in the garage that I'd like installed into my Bel Air. The Bel Air has a built TH400 with reverse manual valve body...Anyone know someone who might be interested in making the swap and taking the TH400 and Torque converter as a straight trade?