Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
I have an Oak tree that's dropping the "honey dew" all over my car. I need to remove it from the paint on my daily driver. I'm looking for something quick an easy. The stuff is stuck pretty well. I used a razor blade on the windows and it took a bit of effort to get it off. It's my daily with 220k+ so I'm not looking to win any trophies but I'd like to keep it looking nice. Any suggestions on a product to help get it off?

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
If you dont want to use anything solvent based, try baby oil.

We use pine tar on the arms for lifting atlas stones, and baby oil wipes the pine tar off skin easily when done.

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
Just me, but if it's a light mist, I would go to one of the newer brush type car washes. Most will have a pickup truck area with a brush in a barrel of wash solution. Soap it up real good then run it through the wash. I occasionally have a lazy streak. :)

Bikefixr

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 13, 2006
I have a bottle of REALLY horrible Scotch that isn't good for anything but removing tar splatter and tree sap. I'll be happy to donate it!

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
Pretty much any solvent will remove your wax. (Bug and tar remover, for example.)

One you get it clean, wax it to help future cleanup.

I would try the baby oil first to see what it will do as that shouldn't strip any wax off.

ULTM8Z

Veteran Member
May 19, 2000
Los Angeles
actually just a good ole bath with DAWN usually cuts it pretty good. Next up is WAX....yeah I know....REALLY gotta wax my DD turd....YES it will help 10000%.

Yeah for go-forward, keeping it waxed is good for sap, bird poop, road tar,... gives a poor surface to adhere to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts