Truck tool boxes

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 81Midnight, Apr 17, 2010.

1. 81Midnight

81Midnight Veteran Member

Who out there makes the best tool boxes for trucks? I want something good that's going to last me for a long long time. I don't know the brands of the ones I've used, but I'm tired of gas struts going out after only a few months, and the latches not all working all the time. I can't ever find something that I think is going to be a good box at like Tractor Supply, or Gebos or anywhdere like that. I don't mind spending a little more to get something that's going to pay off in the long run. Just seeing what brands of boxes you guys like, and why. And where you got them. Thanks abunch.

Jake

2. Jakeblue

Jakeblue Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a nice Delta Champion toolbox. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Delta/delta_champion_truck_tool_boxes.htm

I bought the Delta Champion Low Profile Crossover Toolbox in black. Tough, durable and has a solid lock set-up. I do have to touch-up it up now and then with black paint. That's okay. Still a good, all around tool box.

3. 81Midnight

81Midnight Veteran Member

Cool, thanks a bunch. I've been looking at Delta and Dee Zee lately, and I haven't heard anything bad about either. Some of those Dee Zee are a thousand bucks. :eek: I'll check into these some more. Thanks for your time.

Jake

4. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I use Weatherguard boxes.Never had an issue.Cept the gas rod stopped working 6 or 7 years later.

5. 79camaro2001

79camaro2001 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I got a Delta in my truck that I picked up for $240 at tractor supply. I've had it for 5 yrs now and I've had to adjust the latches once and spray lubrication on the latches. But other then that it's been a good toolbox. Well the powder coating has started flaking but anything in Texas heat won't last if it's subjected to the sun all it's life like this truck.

[​IMG]

6. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

I bought a Husky truck box about eight years ago for my work truck. Unlike many truck guys, I use the crap out of my tool box for work. The lid gets lifted non-stop. I have had no issues at all except for the plastic trays falling from the top. In their defense, I load them down with heavy stuff. The lift cylinder still holds the lid open just fine.

7. 79camaro2001

79camaro2001 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Glad you had good luck with the Husky, but they seem to don't last long in the oil field. The hinges on the lid starts cracking and the rivets pops out of the metal.

I don't know if it was just the style or if it was the extreme use of the tool box but they just didn't last and they ended up buying another brand of toolboxes to handle the stress of everyday opening and closing and slamming by rig hands.

When you are furnishing toolboxes for 60 trucks you kind of want them to last instead of having to replace them.

8. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Maybe I was lucky, and got one built on a Wednesday! :)