Trunk splatter paint

Mitch_Z

Mar 31, 2007
Detroit, MI
It's my understanding they all were sprayed Black/Aqua. Some people go to extremes to replicate, this should do just fine.
On Amazon. ACDelco GM Original Equipment 10-7012 Black Car Trunk Reconditioning Paint

Apr 30, 2015
Southern VA
It's my understanding they all were sprayed Black/Aqua. Some people go to extremes to replicate, this should do just fine.
On Amazon. ACDelco GM Original Equipment 10-7012 Black Car Trunk Reconditioning Paint
Is the ACDelco paint water based like some of the other replicators? Thats the bad thing about waterbased, as soon as the trunk leaks a little which is common it starts to come off

Harris48cars

Veteran Member
Oct 6, 2021
Thanks Mitch. I just ordered it.

2ndGenCrazy

Veteran Member
Aug 18, 2011
Upstate New York
I strongly suggest that you apply a top coat of this product. I did it recently and it came out excellent. It adds a durable, scuff resistant protective barrier. Be sure to USE A RESPIRATOR with this product.

jays2k70rss

Veteran Member
May 21, 2021
Sorry to hijack and throw this off track a bit.. Just to take a step back to replacement trunk floors before painting.. I thought I read somewhere that the 70 was different than 71-73. Not sure what but in terms of buying a replacement I just want to make sure I get the correct one to fit properly

ob355

Mar 4, 2022
Other can confirm but i dont think they make a 1970 panel. you can use the 71-73 as is or mod it if you are going to show the car.

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
I strongly suggest that you apply a top coat of this product. I did it recently and it came out excellent. It adds a durable, scuff resistant protective barrier. Be sure to USE A RESPIRATOR with this product.

Exactly what I did!