trz or other brand drop spindles?

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by PONYEATER, Oct 1, 2008.

1. PONYEATER

PONYEATER Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Anyone running a drop spindle? I am looking at some tubular a-arms (either global west or TRZ) and some drop spindles. I run wilwood brakes so I need to find out if the TRZ's will work with them.

2. Pmgracer

Pmgracer Veteran Member

Hey Ponyeater. Been awhile since I've posted anything, been working on the car. How much are you looking to drop the front end?

The big project for me this year has been modifing the lower control arms so I could run the Moroso Trick springs without cutting them to get the ride height I wanted. The car now sits with the lower arm an inch from the lower bump stop without cutting the spring. Did some work to the upper and now have an extra 3/4" travel and 4 1/2 deg of caster. Had to lower the tierods an inch to correct the bump steer. Here's a photo of the lower arm. Don't have pics of the rest of the stuff yet.

I haven't had any experience with the TRZ stuff although I hear they make nice stuff. Besides dropping the ride height are you looking to increase caster? I would think the spindles would work with the Wilwood calipers. I run the med duty Wilwoods and I didn't have to alter the spindle to much to make them work.

Attached Files:

3. KylePBZ

KylePBZ Veteran Member

Not sure on the drop spindles but Autofab has nice a-arms and they are a bit cheaper than the TRZ's in the fully adjustable type. Sh!t, never mind, I forgot they only sell the uppers for our cars. We deal with them alot a I got them to sell some prototype units for my car.

4. PONYEATER

PONYEATER Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice spring setup, I will be going with 2" drop spindles with global west arms. The arms will allow a lot more caster. I am running a stock spring right now (long story but I cut to much off my moroso springs) I am going to go back to moroso springs or a coil over setup.

5. Maliboost

Maliboost Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aaron,

Ive got a bunch of TRZ stuff on my car & all I have to say is that those folks REALLY take care of thier customers. Im going to go back for the R&P conversion next time around & Im considering trying to talk them into making a bolt in subframe deal. those folks Phckin ROCK!!!!!

Bob

6. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a set of Mcgaughy's drop spindles on my car that I modified to accept wilwood brakes.

7. Shawn

Shawn Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Same here.