Turbine wheel lug nuts

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by FNFAL308, Jan 14, 2022.

1. FNFAL308

FNFAL308 Veteran Member

I searched this site and the internet and found two sources that appear to be the same product. Evilbay and a parts supplier Camaro Central.

I can't find the spec on the shank diameter. My turbines have a .75 diameter lug nut hole. Can't find any lug nuts that fit. Dont want loose lug nuts.

So, can anyone vouch for these being proper fit?

Thanks.

BTW, previous owner put conical seats on it. Thankfully he didn't ruin them AND he never got it on the road

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you have stock GM "turbine" wheels, they should look like this.

upload_2022-1-14_19-17-7.png

Search for N90 or Snowflake lug nuts.

All those GM wheels were made by "Western Wheel".
    They use the same nuts as the turbine wheels.

3. FNFAL308

FNFAL308 Veteran Member

Thanks. Will do.

4. FNFAL308

FNFAL308 Veteran Member

I have found another site that has that lug nut as a reproduction using the info you provided.

https://restorationpartssource.com/...h-aluminum-yj8-wheel-oer-details.html#1454314

And also CamaroCentral
    https://www.camarocentral.com/1978_1981_Camaro_Lug_Nut_Set_of_20_for_Turbine_p/whe-131.htm

I am also checking with https://lugnutguys.com/

To see if they have something that will fit that has a longer shank, better smoother finish. Better looking head on it. In general a higher quality and more modern design.

I can take a lug nut that fits but is too long in the shank as I can cut it down on my gunsmithing lathe.

All that being said, I am ready to pull the trigger on the product at CamaroCentral if lugnutguys has nothing.

5. NTSTLKR

NTSTLKR New Member

I think you're right. Those lug nuts also look just like the ones used on the 76-82 Corvette Aluminum wheels.
    Good to know. I've got jars full of those.

The Z28 Turbines are especially interesting to me of late.

About 30 years ago, someone gave me a pair of 15X10" Western Turbines. Nice looking wheel.
    I mounted up a fat set of slicks on them- and they've been kicking around my shop and have used them for fitments on many different cars.

So, last summer, I ran across a pair of those original Z28 Turbines at a swap met- bought them cheap- to match the 15X10s I have.
    Cleaned them up, put a decent set of tires on them. Perfect match.

Started looking for some center caps for them, I discovered that the Z28 Turbines are also in high demand by the Corvette guys.
    They use them with aftermarket cones and spinners.
    Outfitted as such, they become close copies of the factory midyear 63-67 Corvette Knockoffs.
    So I bought a set of the cones & spinners to use on my wheels.

A.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  6. FNFAL308

FNFAL308 Veteran Member