Twin Turbo LS2

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by mwhizard, Mar 2, 2011.

1. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

Are you entertaining the thought of a coating on the skirts to help eliminate any extra wear ?

Excellent setup, BTW ;)

2. mwhizard

mwhizard Veteran Member

I thought about coating the skirts, but decided against it as at this point I am running low on funds, (wife out of work...) I think I'll just get it running and enjoy it low boost for the summer, or until wife gets a job, so I can afford the rest of ther needed goodies... 1000cc injectors, eboost2 controller, etc... Oh, and my new oil pan is still in transit... I hate it when you buy something off of eBay and they say 1 to 6 days shipping but don't say where they are. If they're on the I-5 corridor, it's 2 days to me. This time it's coming from OHIO. I've been watching my tracking go south to KY, now it's in KS. So not gonna be done by my B-day... oh well...

3. DirtyScotty

DirtyScotty Veteran Member

stock replacement oil pan like f-body? sucks about your run of poo there. stay motivated. you'll come out on top.

4. mwhizard

mwhizard Veteran Member

Ya, stock fbody, and after I get it still need to weld in 2 bungs.
    Here's the post jack damage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. daniel76309

daniel76309 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Awesome project! Seeing your fabrication makes me want to try to build something with turbos someday.

I have hit a few snags with my project, but none quite measure up to yours. It builds character, right? I think of stuff like this as being "real world", and that is why it kills me how on tv they do major projects in a few days. For the rest of us it is months or even years... I hope you get it sorted out and running soon.

6. mwhizard

mwhizard Veteran Member

Here's an update...
    All back in and running. Still sounds like a DURAMAX. I've given up on the noise and am accepting it as NORMAL. (if I win the lottery I will build a new motor, again.)
    One thing for sure though is that the overall exhaust note is considerabley quieter than before. As in procharged version. The manifolds and turbo's take the bark out of it. Still has a nice note though. We'll see how that changes when I get into the boost.
    Here's some pics...note the koolcoat on the exhaust manifolds...going to wrap the turbo's and the pipes to the manifolds...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here's the car at aircare...(smog testing)...secret to pass? no charge pipes, stock tune, small injectors, testing for 1971 standards...result? CRAZY LOW NUMBERS = PASS :D
    [​IMG]
    The one below is a video
    [​IMG]
    Here's the last piece of the plumbing puzzle...top merge pipe from intercoolers to manifold.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. z28inprogress

z28inprogress BANNED

How'd it do at Air care?

8. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Veteran Member

wow, the symmetry of that is beautiful. great work, i wish i had the knowledge/money/resources/wife-that-would-let-me to tackle something like this.

9. cmonson

cmonson Veteran Member Gold Member

it looks like you had a bit of a battle getting to where you are, but you do have a fine attention to detail. Great work!

video?

10. Rene Melten

Rene Melten Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Click on the Dyno pic above, sounds like she's running fine.