U-Joint Trick

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by ATM, Jun 18, 2011.

1. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I was going to mention the hot grease escaping at speed...but it has been "covered".

2. nicks78camaro

nicks78camaro Veteran Member

Ha, the one guy at my local Napa store (Kozel's) just told me that today, never knew it!

3. balloonpilot

balloonpilot New Member

I know this is an old thread, but I am new here and found it in my never ending searching/reading.
    I have heard of the torch method, but I knock off the extra plastic that is beyond the metal (if any) and drill the plastic out. been doing it this way for years and don't have to wait for the shaft to cool down either.

4. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

20 ton hydraulic press - presses them out cold 100% of the time, I've probably done it 100 times

5. Robert stuart Bell

Robert stuart Bell Rsb78LT

Hit the end of the driveshaft instead of the u-joint caps, spent half a day trying to drill, torch and pound on the end caps to push it through.
    Then one of those old guys who just hangs around and has forgotten more than I know came over, put the yoke in a vice and hit the end of the driveshaft once on each side and it popped out, just don't use a metal hammer or use a piece of wood to protect it