U.S. Auto Sales for February

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by The Champ, Mar 7, 2017.

1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Most major automobile manufacturers (sales of more than 100,000 per month) had problems with U.S. sales in February.

Ford, Chrysler and Toyota are all lagging behind their 2016 numbers and market share.

Honda is only above water because their import car line is up over 221% in sales (2.3%). Imports represented over 9% of Honda sales.

Nissan's significant increase in car and truck (127%) imports made for most of their 3.7% increase in overall sales. Imports represented over 8% of Nissan sales.

Toyota benefited even more than Honda and Nissan from imported vehicles - over 47,000 of Toyota's 174,000 vehicles came from overseas.

Ford dropped from 16 to 15.6%, Toyota from 13.9 to 13.1%, Chrysler from 13.7 to 12.4%.

Nissan went up from 9.7 to 10.2 and Honda went from 8.8 to 9.1% due to the significant increases in vehicles imported from overseas.

Meanwhile, GM's sales were up by over 4% and GM's market share went from 16.9% of the total U.S. market to 17.8%. In fairness, .2% of GM's market share increase and 1.3% of their sales increase was the result of the imported Buick Envision (made in China).

That is all....

2. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Yea I was disappointed in my daughter for buying one of those Buicks. She and her husband said they didn't know it was made in China. I told them next time to do their homework!!!

3. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

Government Motors

how long until the next bailout?

4. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]

5. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just a couple years after fords....

6. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Brother bought a new Encore, made in Korea too. Wasn't a cheap vehicle for the size etc. I wonder how many of the Honda, Nissan, etc. imports were made in Mexico? Maybe the only good thing about being an old fart, not so worried about my personal job prospects and security from here on out? But here in Appalach that has been a struggle since, well, forever I guess.

The Champ likes this.
  7. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Herro!! Herro!!!

...sorry, i thought that pic needed a caption.

8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Some of the Encores are built in Korea - but those are primarily for the Asian market.

E

China gets the majority of the Korean built Encores (Buick is a top seller in China). Europe gets the majority of the Encores built in Spain and the U.S. gets the majority of the Encores built in Mexico.

Vehicles assembled in North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico), regardless of the manufacturer, are not considered imports.

9. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Screenshot_2016-03-05-19-18-25.png

Jason7504, The Champ and Dave Nelson like this.