Uber

ol' grouch

Veteran Member
Jul 4, 2013
Evansville, In.
I don't use the start up alternate taxi services. Partly because of the way they treat their operators, partly because they change the rates during high demand (which a licensed taxi isn't allowed to do) and partly because they will take some less than stellar individuals to drive for them.

This morning on NPR's market report, I hear that Dan Francisco says Uber is responsible for a 10% increase in traffic. It seems that rather than car pool, people are going singly again.

roadrace2

Veteran Member
Jan 13, 2000
Earth......?
Cabs cost mega bucks. when I'm in the big city and go downtown to party hard like its on sale for $19.99, Uber or Lyft is the only way to go. Cabs cost double to get to the same places. Uber for the win!!!!! Cabs can suck it. :)

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Last cab ride I took was in Cincinnati to the ball park from uptown. Filthy cab, leaking antifreeze, driver didn't smell so good, cost was absurd. I'd go in a rickshaw in pouring rain before getting in a yellow cab again. Uber/Lyft sounds good to me

serpent710

Veteran Member
Jul 6, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I use LYFT because for some reason they come up cheaper than UBER. Never had a problem and if we get stuck in traffic I don't get charged for how long we sit there. Its in their best interest to get us to our designation as soon as possible so they can pick up another client. Yellow cab could maybe learn something from them.

carr911

Veteran Member
Mar 4, 2016
Tampa, FL
I read last week that about 20% of Uber Eats Customers have had some of their food eaten before it got to them. I saw a Uber Eats driver outside a restaurant - what a Roach Coach!

JOHNNYMO

Veteran Member
Jul 4, 2002
Canon City, Colorado USA
My brother is an Uber driver, and I can tell you that he is mistreated by the people using the service almost every shift. He gets allot of disrespect and allot of racial "friction" we can just call it.... My brother is a gentile and genuine kind soul and wouldnt disrespect anyone the way he gets disrespected by his "patrons"....