Uneven exhaust PIPES OCD HELP!!

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by phantom69, Jun 29, 2021.

1. phantom69

phantom69 Member

ok got a whole 3" x pipe setup with pypes performance that i love btw..had it as turn downs at first hated it! got it changed inmediately..new length extending to back with tips..decided the new tips "wicked flow" i wanted put on as they welded my first pipe passenger extension so they had to cut it a bit! my driver side is fine as they put that on after i decided on the tips but now i see my passenger side pipe is a lil bit shorter than my drivers side when lookin down the tips should i be concerned or im just being mental??

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

I would take some measurements. The tape won't lie, but your eyes might. You'll know for sure then. Hopefully, the tail panel or something else is not tweaked.

Zstar likes this.
  3. phantom69

phantom69 Member

tail panel is fine i love the way it looks its just the length of my passenger side pipe being a bit shorter if it adds something to the torque curve ill live with it but if the pipe is just longer for no reason i think i gotta have it cut to be exact to match the pasenger side

4. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

Don't worry about that small of length difference in that tail pipe area. Bends have more of an effect then length, within reason of course.

5. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I see options...
    1. Get another tailpipe from Pypes and have it cut the same way as the driver's side. (And remount the tip.)
    2. Shorten the driver's side the same amount.
    3. Don't sweat it. (Accept it as a unique quirk to your car.)​

6. RMTZ28

RMTZ28 Veteran Member

Stuff like that bothers me too. But sometimes i'll leave it a while and seems like not that big a deal. Or you can rent a pipe stretcher from autozone:brightide.

7. Rustbucket350

Rustbucket350 Veteran Member

Cut the drivers side to fit or put some chrome tail pipe bolt on on. No big deal. It will not affect power in any noticeable way no matter what you do to the end unless you crimp it shut.

8. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

9. phantom69

phantom69 Member

ha! no too tacky for my taste..i have to do something about it as i told them i wanted the pipes the exact same length before i decided on the tips they didnt measure the cut

10. DougD

DougD Veteran Member