unsafe steering columns

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
Gordon from Jacksonville Fl
Pretty interesting, you never think much about what is inside an like aftermarket column, at least I never have. Good to see the top brands (Ididit/Flaming River/Billet Spec.) are using quality material, and manufacturing methods. Not good news for CPP products.

stroked383

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 18, 2011
Saugerties, NY
Yeah wow.
I thought CPP was supposed to be a reputable company. Makes me wonder about their other parts.
Interesting how Billet Specialties is the only company who uses all remanufactured GM components internally and are assembled without any welding.

Philip

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 30, 2006
Marana, AZ
CPP products have had issues for years. Brake kits not fitting properly, master cylinders failing. Lots of discussions on the Chevelle and Nova forums by unhappy customers.
I have used GM parts to do 90% of the upgrades to my Nova. Steering columns all the brake components, even the creature comforts, power windows, locks, seats are all GM parts from various cars are all GM used parts.

blades67

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 22, 2005
Chandler, Arizona, USA
Unfortunately there are many people that will continue to buy garbage from china because the parts are cheap. The sad fact is that somebody has to die before there will be change because there's money being made.

Philip

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 30, 2006
Marana, AZ
Can not sue the Chinese manufacturers either. Wonder if a lawsuit would hold up against the vendors that sell them.

Latest posts