USB stick playback question, need help

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by 77camarottop, Mar 24, 2014.

1. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

i just put a new modern stereo in my TA and camaro and both have usb playback. i like the usability of the usb stick but a lot of the songs on my i tunes that i transferred to the usb stick will not play on either on my stereos. seems like the ones bought off i tunes and the ones i got off my cd's that are both in my i tunes library will not play in the car which is most of my songs. this is ridiculous, i think they are mpeg 4 files, the mpeg 3 files play just fine. can i convert the 4's to 3's or do something to get them to play in the car, they play fine on my ipod and in i tunes library.

thanks for any and all help.

2. Javelin3o4

Javelin3o4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

they might not be in mp3 format, you should be able to right click the file in iTunes and make a mp3 file from them. You can verify what format they are in by going to your iTunes media folder on your computer and looking at the file, could be a .ACC file.

3. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

You can convert your audio files to whatever format you need. My Wife does that with video files for her business. She uses this video converter. If their audio converter works as well as their video converter, you would like it.
    http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx

4. SMCZ28

SMCZ28 Veteran Member

So head units can only play mp3 music via usb stick? I'd be screwed until I convert because I save most of my music if I can to FLAC or ACC since it sounds better....

5. Javelin3o4

Javelin3o4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Most are Mp3 and WMA or WAV generally I think if it supports something like FLAC or sometype of lossless audio format it would really call it out on the box or in the manual.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  6. SMCZ28

SMCZ28 Veteran Member

Alright, I have never had a brand new head unit and the USB and etc stuff is new to me since I'm looking into a new one so I just assumed that it would be able to play any type of music file....

7. sbca96

sbca96 Veteran Member

"WinFF" also works nicely to convert audio files.

Tom

8. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

I use Real Player for my audio conversions and transfers.

My Pioneer plays MP3, AAC, WAV, RealAudio, & WMA formats. I use a memory stick with most of my bit rates recorded at 128Kbps....which is CD quality. I've played the same song using different qualities and I can't really tell a difference between 128Kbps and 256Kbps other than file space. Anything less than 128....you can start to hear the poor quality. Mine also has a sound retrieve setting that enhances compressed audio files...makes them sound really clear/rich.

This is 1000X better than any 'disc changer' I've ever had. All the CD's I've ever had are uploaded to my PC and converted to digital format and transferred to this memory stick. Technology is awesome, sometimes.

9. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

thanks for the responses. this has been a learning curve and quite frustrating. i downloaded the free avs and it puts a watermark on each file with an audio avs download every 20 seconds in the song. i tried others and my virus software will not let them on my computer. avs will work without the watermark is you pay 60 bucks. this technology is great, anyone have a safe non virus mp3 converter.

when you put things into i tunes is when they will not play on a stick.

10. sbca96

sbca96 Veteran Member