USPS strikes again!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bfmgoalie, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Day 9 of USPS shipping and still no package. According to their tracking information, they got it to the processing center on the 14th near my house. On the 16th they say, "in transit to next facitlity" (dumbasses, there is no next facility). It goes to my house NEXT!
    So far, 9 days to ship 1200 miles. That's 133 miles a day. Transportation is this country must be really bad these days.

In comparison, I had another order at the same time that shipped UPS. It took 3 days for a 1800 mile trip.

2. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

I never have problems with UPS, Fedex is another story.

3. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

^^^^^ Fed Ex Amen,ordered something off e-bay 100 miles away or so "guaranteed" by sat 14th,has sat at the fed ex facility I drive past to/from work since Friday,Wish I could stop in and just get it!!! I'm almost ready to cancel it and buy somewhere else,
    The problem I always have with ups is the package looks like its made a trip thru beruit en route,
    My blades finally came yesterday,they had to go further west to Nebraska,before turning around and getting to Wisconsin!! was shipped priority 2 day so I can't blame the vender for being cheap-No Biggie,but the FED EX pi$$es me off Later Steve!!

4. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Veteran Member

I don't have a problem with UPS as long as it doesn't go through the Ontario, CA sort facitliy. That place is a black hole! Turns out its known for package theft too after looking at the yelp reviews.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/ups-customer-center-ontario-2

5. 72'z'steve

Talked with vender on my Fed Ex issue,they put me on hold,and called there,The trailer that has my and who knows whose else items is not scheduled to be unloaded until Thursday-1 week after it was shipped and 6 days sitting in their lot!! They are busy for the holidays YIKES!! Vender has been dealing a lot with my situation,she was grateful that I was so nice [guess everybodys venting on her]:( that's not cool,they shipped out in 6 hours.Only blame can be using fed ex as shipper in the first place.I'll get my stuff local [which I should have done in the first place] and they will send me a label for return [when/if I get it] shipping and credit me when they get it, I'm sure they are not happy about the hub bub this has caused-and consider who does their shipping when the return costs/loss of sales hits them-Later Steve!!

6. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

My package finally arrived this evening after 10 days in the hands of the Postal Service. The last 5 days it spent mislaid in the local processing center 2 miles from my house. Today they finally found it and delivered it.

7. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

How does amazon get packages guaranteed 1-2days? I mean they are one of the largest package sellers yet I hav my had any package delays. Had one but that was during a blizzard and planes and such was grounded.
    Natural diastaters aside, I think amazons killing their deliveries.

8. 72'z'steve

^^^^ I don't know how they do it [money wise] other than I know in my area they have 3 different amazon trucks [routes] thru during the day!!The trucks are theirs so they don't rely on FED EX. Neighbors [2] buy everything from amazon, some things in a 3 hour window!!??Now 'we'/they are lucky,the Pleasant Prairie distribution center is on a 25 mi radius from us so that must help.I don't know how financially they can do that but I've seen the inside of the sprinter while next door delivering and it is PACKED floor to ceiling.
    I'm old and paranoid,but amazon "knows" I have a 72 z/28,looked up some delco plug wires by number for wifes blazer [better price than RA BTW] and it told me does not fit 1972 Camaro.I've never looked for anything on amazon for my car,as far as I can remember I looked for a fuel pump on advance/oreilly when I pulled it out of hibernation the first time 5 years ago that's it-I know tin hats and big brother:crazy:.
    Amazon is killing it from what I hears from neighbors,if you can buy something easy/hassle free that's the name of the game,one neighbor says his wife is "addicted" to amazon because it is soooo easy and fast!!Doesn't buy foolish stuff either just things they need-Later Steve!!

9. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

The GF lives 50 miles towards Louisville. I think one of their centers is there. I see semi's with AMAZON on the side all the time. Sometimes two or three in a row going down the road. They quite often take their mandatory drive breaks in the rest stop at the 58 miles marker.

10. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I have no idea, but it has to cost them a lot, especially ramping up their own service after canning FedEx.

Obviously FedEx & UPS have a lot of mark-up, but to ship something overnight or 2 day costs a bunch