USPS strikes again!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bfmgoalie, Jul 22, 2019.

1. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

I have had some Sunday delivery too. A couple were during the Christmas rush time. But a few were just a Sunday in the middle of the year.

3. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

This is very true.
    I just sent Amazon a video of a delivery to my house.

Newly sealed driveway that has yellow tape across the bottom. It was on the ground across the driveway because the barrel it was toed to moved. Anyway, every other delivery driver parked in the street and walked up to the house.

The Yellow Penske van from Amazon, drove over the tape, pulled up to my garage door at an angle. He opened the passenger window and tossed the package out the window, breaking the package (it was only ring connectors so no big deal but how would he know that?).

Then as he sits there he cranks the wheel all the way the other way digging two nice deep holes in the driveway and all the pieces of asphalt stuck to his tires falling off. Back up a few feet and turns the other way digging two more holes in.

I have cameras so I took the recording, opened a claim and now we will see what happens.

4. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

HAPPY_DAN, not so happy........... good luck with the claim.

5. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Oh, I am still a happy guy just not happy about Amazon cheap delivery drivers! I would rather wait a couple of days or have it cross the country a couple of times. LOL

6. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Happy Dan

Was the Penske van operated by an Amazon employee? Around here, all my Amazon purchases come via UPS.

If a UPS driver did that to my driveway, I'd be contacting UPS, not Amazon.

But maybe out your way Amazon actually owns and operates the delivery service.

7. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

most of our amazon deliveries are by "contract" scrubs...show up in a 1985 honda from a demolition derby...2 teeth, flat cap, pants saggin and barely speak what we call english??

8. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Same here but recently they've been in fairly new white vans.

USPS gets stuff from Arizona to South Carolina for me in two days for a reasonable cost. 99% of the time I'm dealing with them and packages they are top notch. They are my preferred shipper. The jackwad at the counter of my local office annoys the hell out of me but the stuff gets there on time.

9. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

I believe as mentioned above, they are contract drivers for Amazon. They usually have either that beat up old wreck or they have a rented van. The guy that comes in the beat up car, runs up the driveway, places the package on my front porch and runs back to his car. No issue there, the poor guy is working hard. The yellow van driver is an idiot, I have seen him before and told him not to turn the wheels when stationary.

10. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

The return trip from Houston finally made it to Orlando, then it was taken to the Daytona Beach hub and its supposed to be delivered today. A 20 miles ride goes halfway across the country and back. Taxpayers money at its finest!