USPS strikes again!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bfmgoalie, Jul 22, 2019.

1. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I sent out a set of spark plugs via USPS to the USA and the eBay buyer received an opened package with no spark plugs. F thieves. Now I have to refund the guy and do a claim. The thought crossed my mind if the buyer just made up the story. I've sent many spark plugs in the mail and this is the 1st F up.

2. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I would almost guarantee that the Buyer is screwing with you

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  3. COPO

eBay went on my side and said since it had tracking and he received it, the buyer doesn't get a refund and they closed the case. I didn't send him a refund.

Why doesn't eBay trash that money back guarantee policy for the buyer. I've read many stories where the buyer says the box or envelope was opened and is now empty so now he wants his money back.

4. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Last year I ordered an ecm for a medium duty truck - if it ain’t rollin it ain’t making money. Anyway it was supposed to be next day airshipped from Texas to Minnesota......almost made it. Left Tx, went to California, went to Tennessee, then to Florida, then a facility in northern Florida. Then back to south Florida then back to north Florida. Then back to Tennessee. Meanwhile whilst all that traveling was going on, the company I ordered the part from overnighted a second ecm to get my customer back on the road, that one left Texas and went to Minneapolis, where it was then “lost”. A 3rd was then sent, which I received and got the truck back rolling a week after the initial order. Wouldn’t you know it 6 days after that both the 1st and 2nd ones show up on the same day but different trucks. Can’t make that poo up wow.

This was UPS NOT the USPS.
    Just saying they allllll suck.

5. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Ordered spiked lug nuts and a hood decal for my truck. Parts were delivered via USPS yesterday, still show intransit today.

6. COPO

They can land machines on Mars and keep track where it is but mail, what a joke. Maybe they need to get paid more. Work ethics has gone down the toilet in some jobs since the 60's and 70's.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  7. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

actually i believe its more like the RESPECT for JOBS that has gone in the toilet since the XXXXX (pic a time). I'm a bit older than some....younger than some.. (51) I directly know many of those a bit younger than I look at a carpenter, mechanic, tool & die maker.... pic a trade..... as LESS THAN PROFESSIONAL! ... like WTF?

I (like some) firmly believe even if I'm digging a sh*t trench for a hog pit....If I do it...it's going to be the BEST F*CKING trench I can do!! Paid the same as Joe sh*t the rag man....who can barely dig a hole.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  8. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I have a book of the writing of Benjamin Franklin. One of the essays in it touches on that. Basically, if you're going to do it, do it right and with pride in a job well done. The name of the essay and book? "Fart Proudly". (Get some culture in here. :D )

9. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

My dad used to say, "If you are going to do a job, do it right or don't do it all". Not doing it was not an option. ;)

bfmgoalie likes this.
  10. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I worked for my Dad for 14 years....his business. Enough said. I was on my way to the Molson Grand Nationals in St. Pie, Quebec. I got to the border and an officer comes out and has a piece of paper in his hand. He looks at my plate and looks at me and tells me to pull the car over and get out. I did and he brought into an office. He gave me another piece of paper. It had my Dad's name on it with the business phone number. The officer was told by my Dad to be sure I called him.

My thought was in fear. Did a family member die? What could have happened because I needed to call him? I did call and I had to return to work to perform a process on stainless steel that no one else could handle. My choice, as he said, "Get back now! If you don't you'll have to start to look for another job." Six hours later, the process was complete.