USPS strikes again!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bfmgoalie, Jul 22, 2019.

1. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

copo
    my wife is a USPS carrier. The work ethic is a issue, ill get to this later. My wife works average of 10 plus hours a day with tuesday and sunday off. The problem is the postal service has not invested in itself. They close hubs and offices adding work to the other facilities. The carriers are driving 30 plus yr old vehicles if they are provided. The vehicles they are using (llv's) were not designed for packages, if the rig has shelving the carrier did it themselves. And yes the people trying to get into the post office because it pays well, dont always realize that its work. My wife has been full time for 2 yrs, is on her second sub and spent 6 plus months with no sub. The post office can mess up but so can, USP, FEDEX, DSL, and uber and the list goes on.
    Sorry about the rant....

2. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Got my envelope yesterday. Again, if it was shipped directly to my apartment, its about 25 miles. Here's the break down:
    Sanford to Port St. Lucie - 152 miles
    Port St. Lucie to Houston, Tx. - 1076 miles
    Houston to Orlando, Fl. 963 miles.
    Orlando, Fl to Daytona - 60 miles.

A total of 2251 miles vs 25 miles. I ran distribution centers for major wholesalers, manufacturers and retailers. If that happened in my facilities(s), heads would roll.

3. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Man it takes all kinds. I’ve had drivers that milk the clock, get pissy when called out on it. Front counter help that’s more hinderance than help. Then I hand them the correct book which holds the answer to their question (usually something like “so there’s a guy up front needs points and condenser for an old tractor”) then I hand them the book and I get this look from them like I’m some space Alien asshat because I didn’t a: just tell them the answer or b: expected them to at least try to learn how to find the answer.

Left up to me - any one of them that uses a cellphone for anything other than work purposes would Be terminated and replaced with an old fart that at least could be counted on to show up, show up on time, at least gave a crap about being productive at work. Problem is we are running out of old farts and it’s just hard to find the younger ones with any kind of work ethic

4. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

We have a pretty regular UPS driver. Cool dude, and everybody here talks to him, and he knows most of the people that get packages here by name, so alot of times he drops them off in our office rather than just dumping them out back. last Friday i was out back, and the UPS truck was stopped at the other end of the building, by the garage door where we keep tires and junk pretty much. didnt think much about it, until i walked by there to find a bunch of packages sitting there. Not sure why he past me, and like 3 other guys to just dump the packages in a corner.
    Saturday Fed Ex "couldnt deliver" some small equipment tires i ordered, because i guess nobody was in the office, but it was probably unlocked. He past an open gate, and 40 employee vehicles, but couldnt deliver the tires. I was out back with 3 other guys, garage doors open, not looking very "closed", People coming in and out all day. Where did the tires end up on Monday when they got delivered? They got delivered out back. WTF.

5. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I generally don't have much issue with package delivery. I just checked on a pair of new headlights for my truck. They shipped from Rhode Island to Seattle Washington. Then it went to Houston and then Austin Texas. It's currently in Jackson Tn. I don't even have them yet and they get around more than I do.

6. perkalator

Not being a pain but I am because 99 of united states postal workers bust their behind. Was the USP. Or USPS

7. perkalator

Not being a pain but I am because 99 of united states postal workers bust their behind. Was the USP. Or USPS

8. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Houston seems to be a popular place when it comes to shipping!

9. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

So out of 336,900 carriers only 99 bust their behind? (couldn't resist)

carr911 likes this.
  10. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

The shipper said it would be here Friday and usually, I get my stuff on time or a day or two early. I'm in no rush, but I do work in logistics and when I build a load, the miles make a difference on the tariff.