USPS strikes again!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bfmgoalie, Jul 22, 2019.

1. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I contacted our President about 2 weeks ago and informed him how poor the postal service has been operating in the Daytona Beach area. He told me he'd get it straightened out. Got my sneakers today - on time! That's 2 in a row. Thanks Mr. President.

Dave Nelson likes this.
  2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Had an experience with that outfit today myself. We decided to renew our passports, might do some traveling. Renewals at $110 each. Went down to AAA, free photos with premium membership, ours wasn't premium enough I guess, another $16 for two little pics I could have made myself. Then put the papers and old books in separate envelopes, to the post office. Told girl I needed to send them with tracking, no insurance. She put each in a cardboard sleeve with a window for the address to show. $14.70 to mail two envelopes with tracking. Ouch! Must be shipping this stuff by way of Russia?

We get packages all the time, 10 or 12 dollar items, weigh a couple pounds, shipped free with tracking. Just not my day I guess.

3. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

Thought this was picture worthy. I put the sign up friday.

Attached Files:

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Having moved around the country more than a few times over the last few years, I have determined it’s not UPS...it’s not Fedex or even USPS...it’s the employees that work for them in particular areas.

I had boxes come to me from NC to California via UPS and perfect (5 days of travel). I get a box from NC to Montgomery (6 hours away) from UPS and it looks like the box has been reused a dozen times and it’s ripped open and contents damaged. Fedex freight was HORRIBLE in Vegas! UPS and USPS packages I have got over the last few weeks here in AL all look like they have been through hell! In all my Experience Fedex has been the overall best, however the USPS is easier to get a claim paid.

5. xten

xten Veteran Member

We have a claim with Fedex now on an AMD Nova hood from Summit. Hood looks like it was cart wheeled. Every corner bent with dents on skin. Back of cowl buckled. Box had been opened, and fork marks through the box. No idea who's fault it is, but it is junk. If you've ever been to Summit, it looks like something off their "scratch and dent" table. We've had many things UPSed from them and not one problem.

6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Hmmm...wonder where the stuff on their scratch and dent table comes from. I usually have good luck with my deliveries but last year a radiator came that had the box ripped open and it was bent nearly double.

badazz81z28 likes this.
  7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Exactly....Good thing with Summit, its not your problem. They ship out a new one and either collect the damaged one or tell you to keep it.

8. xten

xten Veteran Member

They're shipping a new hood. Not sure yet what they're going to do with this one. Hope the next one's better. Summit's the best.

9. xten

xten Veteran Member

Second hood worse than the first. Hopefully third time will be the charm. Fingers crossed. This one is getting drop shipped from AMD, and is back ordered. Not surprised. They told the customer they will not use FedEx, so we'll see who brings this one. No tracking #.

10. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

The USPS dropped off a package a couple weeks B4 Christmas. Had a Hole about 3" diameter. It was a transformer with some accessories. I got the accessories but the transformer was MIA. A few hours later I get a knock on the door. The Postal worker was holding my item and asked if I was missing something. I think it was the sellers poor packaging that resulted the mishap. I was kind of impressed the Postal worker knew it was mine or did they just knock on everyone's door Till they got a hit.