USPS strikes again!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bfmgoalie, Jul 22, 2019.

1. xten

xten Veteran Member

FedEx just called. Will be delivered Friday. So much for not using FedEx...

2. dadgonebroke

dadgonebroke Veteran Member

My days working for UPS- two delivery stops- one on the left and one on the right. UPS doesn't use load stops so......

Attached Files:

3. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Tapering loads never really makes a difference unless all the boxes are the same or relatively close. Load stops aren't used because they don't return to the facility the truck left from. It may, but not immediately meaning the hub can/will run out of load bars. Netting used to be used but I don't know if it still is.

Ever since I contacted the President to correct the poor service from the USPS in Daytona, I've had 7 deliveries - no problems. :)

4. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Good luck with that!!! My BIL ordered a radiator from Rock Auto for me to put in,First one UPS,neck and overflow sticking thru box broke off-sent back,Second one Fed Ex multiple [like 3 each way] footsteps on box,core flattened/bent inside-sent back-Third one DHL-opposite tank crushed that side of box flattened-Rock told him to dispose of that one and credited him gave up,-We bought it at O-reillys in town no damage!!!Luckily he doesn't use the truck but for weekend stuff-it sat for 2-3 weeks while this foolishness went on!! I'm cheap but would have given up after the second one doa!! Later Steve!!

5. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I usually have decent, if not good, luck with package shipments. A while back I ordered a book to take on a trip as a gift. It was supposed to be delivered sometime between Nov 20 and Nov 25. Last night I looked and it's been sitting in LA for 5 days. It left yesterday. I'm heading down to see the kid and her family Wednesday and wanted to take it in person. I doubt it's going to travel 2500 miles overnight.

6. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

USPS has been great lately,posted in other thread wifey shipped a old tin toy to Hawaii,thru ebay priority mail not express/next day etc,got there in 4 business days-picked up here Monday he had it Friday -or is that 3 days??? anyway nothing more infuriating than UPS-watching your item sit at your hub just miles away for 4 days because they don't want you to get it in 2 days because you paid ground,I know its the logistics keeping it there :crazy:. Hope you get your book/gift grouch,I read WHEN I get time to relax,friends think I'm too high strung for that!! Later Steve!!

7. ol' grouch

I love to read and always have a book when I eat out by myself. The book I ordered is in St. Louis now. It's been there a couple of days. 3 1/2 weeks so far.

8. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

The product I purchased that started this whole thread, well, I had to order it again. I bought it Saturday (Ebay) and followed up with a couple messages to the seller. It was delivered today. I was shocked! Good job USPS.

9. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Many years ago I received a letter from my uncle that had to go through three different postal services crossing the continent. First it was mailed in Irondequoit, New York, entering the USPS. From there it went to Canada Post and lastly, to the Canadian Armed Forces postal service as I was serving on a ship on the west coast during the summer. I received it onboard ship, halfway up the coast of Vancouver Island from the main base in Esquimalt, on the southern end of Vancouver Island.

It arrived in my hands two days after the post mark date on it! I'd had letters I mailed in my home city of Calgary take three days to go across the city so the speed of that delivery was almost miraculous! Maybe it was the senders address that helped....'Christ the King Church', of which my uncle was the head pastor.

10. ol' grouch

If the Canadian military is like the U.S.military, deployed members get pretty fast expedition of mail. When the kids husband was deployed the last time, he got a package in about three days. Gulfport Ms. to the Ukraine.