USPS strikes again!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bfmgoalie, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's pretty darn good and so it should be that way for the troops serving away from home. Was the package sent entirely through the military postal service or did it start with the USPS?

I wasn't actually deployed, I was posted for the summer (I was a member of the reserves so did short contracts, usually 4 months during the summer when I was at University) onboard one of the training ships I was qualified as an Engineer. We typically sailed around Vancouver Island out of our homeport of Esquimalt (adjacent to Victoria, BC) and around the Gulf Islands as well as up to Ketchikan, Alaska and down to Olympia Washington as we worked on training reserve officers in ship handling skills.

Some fun times as the ships then still had bars onboard and we would get rip-snorting drunk onboard when we would hit a port and then go ashore to a club and only have to spend a little to stay drunk and have a good time. Onboard ship, the beers in the messes were $0.50 a can and hard liquor ran from $0.15 to $0.25 a shot. Duty and tax free so you could get royally wasted on $5.00!!

2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I'd hesitate to say. The kid was living off base when her husband deployed. It was his first deployment and I sent some stuff to ease the separation from his new wife. I think she posted it on base but I never really asked. I just marveled at how fast it got there.

3. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've always heard that the military takes great care to make sure mail reaches the people deployed as quickly as possible, it's great to hear they are still doing that.

4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

My book finally arrived. 3 1/2 weeks after it was shipped.

5. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

^^^^^And if you're like me you'll have it read in one weekend--LOL--Later Steve!!

6. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I hope I have better luck this week. I ordered some stuff over the weekend. It shipped from Ohio on Monday. On Tuesday it arrived in Pennsylvania. Today, Wednesday, it is back in Ohio. Only 47 more states to go and it should arrive here.

6PM
    I checked again. It has made its way to Indiana. They have it headed the right way this time (west).

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  7. 72'z'steve

Guess after all my praise its my turn,I bought some obsolete mower blades for my bolens tractors from Holland MI,[just a across Lake Mich from me] departed there ended up in Detroit,to Des Moines Ia distribution center-spent a day "in transit" then ended up back at Des Moines distribution center again,now "in transit to next location" No Biggie as I obviously don't need them till spring,I'm glad I'm the customer and not one of the wives-They'd be b*tching up a storm by now!! Still the best IMHO,but I thought I'd share the love-Later Steve!!

8. Gary S

A week has come and gone and my package is still touring the country somewhere. Maybe it will arrive next week, and if not, possibly the week after that.

9. 72'z'steve

Well its back at the Des Moines distribution center for its 3'd visit! must have Christmas cookies there or something it likes!:rolleyes:
    Gary-my carrier has told me in these instances --"it WILL get there,just nobody knows when" Like I said just sharing the love-Steve!!

10. Gary S

Probably a cookie and a hot toddy, or lots of hot toddys.