USPS Tracking…does it matter?

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Does USPS tracking even matter anymore?? Seems nothing arrives on time these days…they give give a delivery date, it passes…then they give you tomorrow…than it’s says “arriving late”. At this point why bother…

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
I have better luck with USPS the all the rest. I don't know what's in the water lately but I've been jacked around by Ontrac (worst sunsabitches), FedEx and UPS more in the last year then I have in the 25+ I've been buying and selling on the internet. My 20 year run with eBay not running into extreme flakes has taken a huge nose dive. I've had to file three complaints to get my money back in the last two months and I'll be filing a fourth on Monday.

USPS had a few issues for me a year or so back but in my latest experience have gotten back on track.

Don't get me started on jackhole websites that advertise they have a item, take your money and then cancel the order as "not available" and wait days if not week to refund.

Oh holy crap now I'm pissed off and on a tangent thanks Rob......

cali cruzer

Veteran Member
Mar 24, 2002
Henderson/Las Vegas, NV
As far as I know, the only plus to USPS tracking is for a seller on ebay.

If a buyer files a claim saying they didn't receive an item, and the tracking shows delivered, they lose the case.

Lowend

Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca.
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 25, 1999
San Jose, CA, USA
i think it’s A regional thing. Around my place USPS is quite good. FedEx is so bad that I’ve started telling companies that if they insist on shipping FedEx that I will take my business elsewhere

SPG

Bumblebee Builder
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2018
Sacramento
i think it’s A regional thing. Around my place USPS is quite good. FedEx is so bad that I’ve started telling companies that if they insist on shipping FedEx that I will take my business elsewhere
Same thing for me, USPS and UPS have been great, FedEx has been absolute trash, and I have to ship computers with them for work all the time, miserable experience.

Patstuff28

Veteran Member
Aug 23, 2020
I was waiting on a rush air shipment for my employer coming from China to be delivered by DHL Worldwide Express. My name, department and phone number was on the package. I was getting pressure everyday from Head Office to let them know when it arrived. I typed in the tracking number and the driver said that the building was closed! Our reception has been closed since March 2020 due to COVID. But any moron can tell by the parking lot that we are open. The building is 1.3 million square feet and only closes one day a year for Christmas. When I blasted the customer service rep it still took another two days to get the package. I would never use or recommend this courier because of this.

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
USPS isnt great, but fedex is terrible. i cringe when i see something shipped by them. A lot of times they mark something as delivered, then it shows up a day or two later.