USPS Tracking…does it matter?

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
I have had good luck with USPS and Fedex. When I was ordering alot of parts for the Camaro, UPS would ALWAYS deliver damaged items to the house. I changed delivery address to the UPS distribution center for pickup. Voila, no damaged goods. Needless to say UPS is not on the Christmas card list.

ZZ430

Veteran Member
Jul 9, 2004
Crockett, Texas
We have no complaints about USPS here. Being a small town, the carriers all know us. Once we were expecting medication for my wife. Tracking showed it arrived at our post office but not out for delivery. I made a call and they made a special trip and delivered it.

UPS "lost" a full size table! Played hell getting it refunded through Amazon.

Today we are expecting live tropical fish via Fedex. We paid a premium for overnight delivery. Better happen!

72SS9681

Jul 20, 2014
Walla Walla, WA
I've shipped a lot of stuff that I've sold through ebay. USPS is great with small packages most times they beat the expected delivery date. Bigger stuff not so much took them almost three weeks to deliver a steering column I sold. My mail person told me large packages are handled differently than smalls. I use 1st class mail for packages under a pound and UPS or Fedex for anything heavier or large. I've had the worst luck with Fedex for damages.

Javelin3o4

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Concord, CA
The issues I've had with USPS is them saying they delivered something and they didn't then it shows up a day or two later. I had one lady mark some bushings and tie rods I had ordered from PST as undeliverable and when I caught up to her and ask why she didn't deliver it she said it was too heavy. FedEX always seems to be late. Had a guy recently that just walked up to my door tapped it and walked off said "no answer" drove around the block and asked him why he didn't knock. Claimed he did but I had him on camera, plus the fact that my dog goes ape poo anytime someone gets near the front door and she didn't. Plus he knew exactly what house I was talking about when I mentioned it.

UPS I've only had issues at work when ordering parts. Tracking would say its going to be delivered a certain day, and it doesn't.