Vacation garage find.

fstlane4me

Sep 14, 2012
Valley Center,KS
I find it funny that I had the same dilema as you with an s-10.I had mine for a long time and was in the process of putting it back together.When I bought my camaro I ended up trading the s-10 for a new mig welder and have never looked back.

tskills10

Veteran Member
Dec 1, 2007
painesville, OH
fstlane4me said:
I find it funny that I had the same dilema as you with an s-10.I had mine for a long time and was in the process of putting it back together.When I bought my camaro I ended up trading the s-10 for a new mig welder and have never looked back.

I've got the S-10 on craigslist, and has been since Nov. The problem is that it appeals to such a small market. I've had people ask for various parts but once I sell one part then the whole truck is only good for parts. I have alot of good parts to make a good V8 project. But I've come to terms with selling it to better the Camaro, just need to find a buyer.

Last edited:

dirtmod08

Veteran Member
Jan 17, 2007
Central Illinois
I would never paint that car. If anything, scuff it up and clearcoat it to preserve it. That paint is too badass with all that "character". But I also loved the look of the plain Corvette rallyes, so what do I know? lol

Last edited:

tskills10

Veteran Member
Dec 1, 2007
painesville, OH
dirtmod08 said:
I would never paint that car. If anything, scuff it up and clearcoat it to preserve it. That paint is too badass with all that "character". But I also loved the look of the plain Corvette rallyes, so what do I know? lol

I find it amazing just how many people like the paint on this car. Once I have time I want to talk to a couple body shops and see if anybody can match the new hood to the rest of the car, so that I can keep the look. And I'm keeping the Rally's, just getting some 8'ers for the back.

tskills10

Veteran Member
Dec 1, 2007
painesville, OH
Yesterday was a great day. A couple of buddies and I took a little trip to Summit Racing for most of the day. I did a little shopping for the Mistress.

Took advantage of this discount. The camaro on the cover of the catalog is an awesome car. The owner lives close by and the pics do no justice to the car. It was in Camaro performers Mag in 2011. But that was before the second supercharger.
IMAG0988_zps4f18e5f8.jpg

May not be able to tell but there are 4 new tires here. Only bought 2 new 8inch wheels since I have 4 of the old 7 inchers. New oilpan for the upcoming new engine, body mount bushings, sub-frame connectors, police caps, and a new lunch bag for work.
IMAG0992_zpsd5635a0a.jpg

IMAG0990_zpsddb501c1.jpg

And this will be the look. The 5 spokes seen in other pics will be finding another home.
IMAG0991_zps040118c7.jpg

Last edited:

tskills10

Veteran Member
Dec 1, 2007
painesville, OH
Not much of an update. Haven't had time to work on the Mistress, but I am collecting parts for the new engine install. Just have to get it back from the machine shop. Will most likely wait to install until after the summer season. that way I'm not so rushed to get it in and running.
So now I have ; fuel tank sump kit, subframe connectors, body mount bushings, new tires, gauges, line lock, new headers, new hood, new braided fuel line, new fuel regulator with return, I know I'm forgetting something. But alot of work in the near future.

tskills10

Veteran Member
Dec 1, 2007
painesville, OH
Had a good father's Day weekend. Uncle came in with his 55 and we went to the Willouoghby show. We met up with my cousin, who brought his 58, along with his 67 BBC Chevelle, and his, buoght new 76 Cutlass. Not sure who snuck the jag into the middle of the group.

Got the new wheels and tires on. A bit pissed off when mounting the police caps since 2 of them didn't fit. And upon a closer look, they were very different. A call to summit racing and they sent out 2 new caps with a pickup order for the old ones. Good job to summit customer service. Got another show in Butler, PA this Sunday. Any members going to be there??

Thoughts??? Should I install the new cowl hood (black), even though I can't do the paint for now? What are people thoughts on running a miss matched hood color???