Vacation garage find.

tskills10

Veteran Member
Dec 1, 2007
painesville, OH
scott21 said:
Very nice ride you have there.I use to race over there at Painesville speedway back in 2008.

Thanks. I've never raced there but I get to the track every once in a while. I have a few friends that have raced there off and on over the years.

tskills10

Veteran Member
Dec 1, 2007
painesville, OH
Unfortunately I haven't had much to update about in quite some time. It's been a long winter with TOO many other things going on that were much more important that my Mistress. So she spent the winter in a friends garage to give me room to work on other projects in my limited garage.

But after much yelling and putting a boot in my motor guy's arse. I finally have a running engine for the Mistress. I'm hoping to get it installed the first part of June. But I really need the stars and planets to align correctly for me to pull that off. I don't want my car disabled for the summer. So until the next update, Happy Cruising.

Click the pic to hear the new engine.

tskills10

Veteran Member
Dec 1, 2007
painesville, OH
tskills10 said:
Well, it's been a bit since the last update. Hasn't really been much time to do anything to the Camaro. My engine guy has continued to let me down. I was supposed to have my new stroker engine by Christmas, and here we are beginning of July and still NO engine. Tried calling him for over two weeks with no messages able to be left and no return calls. Finally, I was able to stop at his house. We should have the engine on stand running in 2-3 weeks. So we'll see if this happens. Just glad I didn't do a tear down for the new engine yet.
Now I have to workout an intermittent "NO Start" issue. It seemed heat related. Up until she did the same thing after not running for over a day. The family and I were out one night with the camaro and we had to get a ride home from a friend. I then had to trailer her home. Next day she started right up to pull off the trailer. Well util next update, have a great summer.

I was looking back and found this post. So last July it was supposed to be 2-3 weeks. Well that didn't happen. It was suppose to be end of October and when that didn't happen I told him end of January, since I would be down for a surgery in December. Well, that didn't happen either. So FINALLY, have it on the stand running and it is almost the end of April. I have been ready to hang this guy for the nearest tree several times. But I'm happy to finally have a running engine.

DBS

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Belzoni MS
thanks for your service man and oh yea dont paint that car hahaha it finer than frog hair just the way it is. love those rims to much better than the 5spoke.

tskills10

Veteran Member
Dec 1, 2007
painesville, OH
ted79z28 said:
dude....you stole that car.
Yea I guess I got a pretty good deal. :screwup:

Well, I finally got my new stroker home. Was planning on doing a tear down on the car starting in June. But I'm going to wait until Fall/winter. Don't want to miss any of the summer events. Planning on sub-frame connectors and new body mount bushings. Doing some upgrades to the rear axle. Will include some pics one I start the work. I had her at the track the other night and ran a 14.11 @ 100. That is the best time to date. Hoping to get into the 13's before I do the changes.

[email protected]

Aug 2, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
Can't believe that you got it that cheap! Great find and good looking project!

On another note - I'm assuming you're fairly close to the PA border in Ohio since you go to the shows around here. Have you been to the Starlite cruise-in on Friday nights at Northway Church in Wexford? If not, it's definitely worth the trip! Its supposedly the biggest weekly cruise-in in the country and they get several hundred cars weekly.

tskills10

Veteran Member
Dec 1, 2007
painesville, OH
Can't believe that you got it that cheap! Great find and good looking project!

On another note - I'm assuming you're fairly close to the PA border in Ohio since you go to the shows around here. Have you been to the Starlite cruise-in on Friday nights at Northway Church in Wexford? If not, it's definitely worth the trip! Its supposedly the biggest weekly cruise-in in the country and they get several hundred cars weekly.

I'll have to check into that cruise. My uncle is in Butler, so we come back for the cruisa-plooza that they do the end of June. But it all depends on my work schedule. It takes me between 2-2.5 hours to get to butler.

Latest posts