value of right and left very clean doors

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by yoyo74, Apr 26, 2015.

1. yoyo74

yoyo74 Veteran Member

Hi guys. Now that the 74 is in the body shop we decided to keep the original doors on the car. I have left and right doors that I had bought a few years ago. Now that I don't need them , I am not quite sure what they are worth. They are rust free with no repairs. They are in epoxy primer and are ready to go. I am going to a swap meet next week and would like to make some room. All advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance , Ben

2. stevenp3762

stevenp3762 BANNED

with guts or without guts? probably a piece $100 plus to -? the primer thing hurts the value as primer hides all the sins, not saying yourrs arent perfect but if i see primer the price goes down.

3. cadillac_al

cadillac_al Veteran Member

Empty repops are $600. I would think originals would be worth $250 pretty easy. I would pay that for a good drivers door.

4. Scott_H

Scott_H Veteran Member

I priced a good door at my local GM salvage yard an he was $200. If yours are stripped an in just epoxy I'd expect $250. If it's the typical swap meet start at $300. Then it's a matter of how fast you want them sold.

5. yoyo74

yoyo74 Veteran Member

I went out and looked at them. They have all the mechanicals in them except the door handles and locks. No mirrors either. The window regulators are in way better shape than the ones in my doors. I will leave them in though. They look great inside and out.

6. stevenp3762

stevenp3762 BANNED

Your in upstate "nowhere" NY, so there are two things here. One: it'll be hard to get top dollar cause there is a small market there, OR if someone there in upstate needs doors then they might pay top dollar for the exact same reason......just have to find the right guy, luck by a lady tonight!!!

7. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

They can be worth $100-300 each depending on the day and the market. :D

I bought some decent used doors (forgot what I paid), but would easily consider clean doors, with or without the guts, for $250 each if I didn't have to do any body work to them.

8. yoyo74

yoyo74 Veteran Member

They do appear to be 75 up doors. The inside handle is not bolted.