Video camera file conversion to DVD?

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Boys bought me a Flip HD video camera for Christmas. Really makes a decent video as long as the camera is held still. Now trying to make a standard DVD video from the movies I've made so far. Can't do it with anything I have here. Camera software won't, Flip website is no help - say I need third party software, nothing on the Vista system will do it. Anyone up to date on this? The Flip compression is something like a MP4 file. Sure an expensive camera to not be able to just burn a DVD I'm thinking.

a79Classic

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
"MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14) is a multimedia container format standard specified as a part of MPEG-4, which is defined by the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG). MP4 can store and deliver professional-quality digital audio and video streams, as well as other data like subtitles and still images. Now MP4 is quite commonly used in stores like iTunes, iPod and PlayStation Portable (PSP), it has become more familiar to people who like watching and sharing videos online."

The Flip camera was made for the YouTube generation. It's the perfect format to upload video onto online sharing sites, but not so much for making DVD's. Try looking up a free program (For example: http://www.minidvdsoft.com/dvdcreator/mp4-to-dvd.html) that will convert your MP4 files over to work on a burned DVD.

Camaro11

Veteran Member
Jul 10, 2003
Atlanta, GA, USA
Look for a program called 'ConvertXtoDVD'. It will convert .avi, .mpg, meg4, and several other formats to DVD VIDEO_TS files. It will burn them to a DVD if you specify your DVD burner as the destination.

Latest posts