Vincent's 72. "EL Maro"

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by broahnazki, Oct 16, 2016.

1. broahnazki

broahnazki Veteran Member

IMG_0703.JPG Got a little bit of work done today, just prepped the body for a bit of filler and primer tomorrow. IMG_0715.JPG This body line was horrible. You can see on the first pic how there was a weird "scoop" below it. I popped the dents out as much as I could. IMG_0716.JPG

2. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

From experience it would be way easier to replace that section of quarter panel! Nice progress

3. broahnazki

IMG_0705.JPG Almost forgot. The guy before me rolled the fenders. I pulled em back And still have to clean em up before anything. Surprised as how clean it was. IMG_0706.JPG

4. broahnazki

I agree but I don't like the how far off and thin the repo body panels are, but it would have saved a ton of time for sure and thanks man I just really want to finnish it

CasperCasper likes this.
  5. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

I feel ya man cheers. If you checkout my build my quarter didnt hit the door right and i made it look just like yours haha

6. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Good stuff. Like it

7. broahnazki

IMG_0727.JPG IMG_0729.JPG Today I did a skim coat on the quarter. Surprised how wavy the panel originally was since I didn't feel anything when I sanded it down. Still have to do a bit more sanding then go over it a few coats of primer and seal it. After this it's the other side, the roof and Finnish up the fenders and doors since I left them after I sanded with 40 grit

8. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Coming along nicely. Great work.

9. broahnazki

Well guys I'm still at the quarter panel and here is where I left off. I knew I wasn't going to Finnish this weekend so I decided to spray a thin coat of epoxy. For some some odd reason I decided to jump back in on it after I sprayed the coat, and... having a bad back I had stop. Geez I wish I could just Finnish this side already! I should have taken a pics when I sprayed the coat, it showed how clean the body line turned out.

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0776.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

Smokey15 likes this.
  10. broahnazki

Almost forgot. I did put the nose back on since I'm tired of all the clutter, plus I feel like the header panel and lower valance began to warp. Guess that happens when you just have em laying around. Anyways as I mentioned before in the thread. This master bolts kit is awsome! I'm telling you guys if you have doubts about the car go for it. It had everything labeled which made this a breeze! And no I don't work for amk or w.e this brand is I'm just really happy with the product.

IMG_0779.JPG

Got tired of Moving this classic industries bag of brackets so yea that was a motivator.

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

The header panel needs some work it had some horrible dents!, was full of body filler!, and they (the previous owner) nearly sculpted the damn thing!. Luckily it was still fixable and my father was able to straighten it pretty good while I was in korea . I'm going to do more body work. A bit of filler, sanding, and more sanding this panel should turn out good. I just want to do it as it sits on the car that way I won't worry about bodylines as much or fitment issues.
    51225909467__4E1653CD-AAF7-4B4F-B74C-214099B3A7F0.JPG

Smokey15 likes this.