Vintage Air horrible service

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by CamaroMan79, Dec 22, 2016.

1. CamaroMan79

CamaroMan79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

To anyone wanting to put Vintage Air in their truck or car......Think long and hard as their customer service absolutely sucks. I bought their setup for my 84 C10 and the compressor they sent me has the wrong pulley on it (I made it clear that I needed a 6 rib serpentine pulley on it). I get the kit and look over everything and they sent me a compressor with a V-grove pulley on it. I contacted them and told them that I recieved the wrong compressor setup and needed it exchanged and their response was "we don't do that, you'll just have to buy another compressor". Wait, what? You sent me the opposite of what I ordered and you expect me to pay for it? "Yes", Ok, how much is a 6 rib pulley? "We don't sell the pulleys by themselves, you'll have to buy an entire compressor"

Vintage Air can go F themselves. Now I'm going to be stuck with buying the correct pulley from March which is $126 then renting the tools and hope I don't damage the compressor removing the old pulley

The sales guy I emailed was about as friendly as a Michael Vick pitbull on top of it also.

2. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I had great service from them, I'd call back and talk to someone else. If you bought it with your Visa card you may be able to work through them, return the VA kit and go with classicautoair?

3. CamaroMan79

CamaroMan79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I already have rest installed unfortunately. In my post above I meant to say that I looked over the compressor and realized it was wrong. I tried correct that in my post but the edit button is gone. Since the compressor is the last to go on I just left it packaged in the box until I was ready for it (Today).

The rest of the kit fit great but the compressor issues ticks me off. I also talked to two different people, one supposedly being "The manager" and they told me the same thing.

4. Edem_Alive

Edem_Alive Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Call your bank and file a fraud charge. If you ordered a product and received something different than what you ordered with no possibility of a return or exchange, that is fraud on the sellers part. You were deceived into believing you would get what you ordered. Usually calling a manager and even hinting at fraud is enough for them to do a sharp 180.

5. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

A couple of years ago I purchased my VA kit from a vendor at A Good Guys car show and I called VA A couple of times for additional parts and some knowledge and they were great. I dont understand that they are giving you a hard time. Did your purchase inventory sheet show which compressor you ordered? I would not back down on them.

6. gary bickel

gary bickel Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you think your having problems now wait till you need a part and you have to pull whole thing and send it to them. Gary

7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

How long ago did you purchase the kit?

I agree, the couple guys I talked to were A-holes too. I feel my inquiry was very simple too. I even had a three way conversation with them abs Summit Racing.

8. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oh man...I hate to hear this, I was about to spend some coin with them on my 70.

9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I don't know about Classic Air, but the VA kit does work but I feel the AC box had a made in China quality look to it and the mounting bracket to the firewall is pretty weak. Overall I would call consider it a "kind" of direct fit. I don't like how the hoses go on and route

John Wright likes this.
  10. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

+1