Vintage Vehicle Services / GM Media Archive

CogentZ28

Veteran Member
Aug 6, 2007
466
Canada
I created this thread because some people have been asking questions about ordering documentation similar to a build sheet that the factories used to assemble our Chevrolet Camaros and Pontiac Firebirds.

Below are two companies that offer their services to you for a fee.

Vintage Vehicle Services by General Motors of Canada Ltd
This service is offered to Canadian ordered and built vehicles.

The price is $73.45 CAD which includes taxes, handling fees, and shipping costs. It can take up to a month to receive your document. If you're looking at a vehicle and need the document quickly, they do offer a rush order service, but it will cost you an extra $16.95 CAD for a total of $90.40 CAD.

Website: http://vintagevehicleservices.com/options.html
Order form: http://vintagevehicleservices.com/forms/Option_73.45.pdf (this link will open in a PDF file)
An example: http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad296/CrazyCamaro/General Motors of Canada Ltd/

GM Media Archive by Allied Vaughn
This service is offered for American ordered and built vehicles.

The price is $50.00 USD which includes taxes, handling fees, and shipping costs.

Note: This service is only available for 1977 and up Camaros.

Website: http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/
Order form: http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/?page=ordform
An example: http://77rs.homestead.com/Dealer_Invoice_-_edit.jpg (used with permission from 77RS)

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message and I will be glad to help you!
 
Last edited:

CogentZ28

Veteran Member
Aug 6, 2007
466
Canada
If you have success in ordering your invoice, please add it to this thread or send your submissions to [email protected] and I will upload them for you.

I collect documentation and am always looking for more to add to my online collection!
 

77RS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 18, 2006
2,944
Asheboro, NC
Last edited:

1013_79z28

Veteran Member
Jan 24, 2008
151
PA
CrazyCamaro said:
I created this thread because some people have been asking questions about ordering documentation similar to a build sheet that the factories used to assemble our Chevrolet Camaros and Pontiac Firebirds.

Below are two companies that offer their services to you for a fee.

Vintage Vehicle Services by General Motors of Canada Ltd
This service is offered to Canadian ordered and built vehicles.

The price is $73.45 CAD which includes taxes, handling fees, and shipping costs. It can take up to a month to receive your document. If you're looking at a vehicle and need the document quickly, they do offer a rush order service, but it will cost you an extra $16.95 CAD for a total of $90.40 CAD.

Website: http://vintagevehicleservices.com/options.html
Order form: http://vintagevehicleservices.com/forms/Option_73.45.pdf (this link will open in a PDF file)
An example: http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad296/CrazyCamaro/General Motors of Canada Ltd/

GM Media Archive by Allied Vaughn
This service is offered for American ordered and built vehicles.

The price is $50.00 USD which includes taxes, handling fees, and shipping costs.

Note: This service is only available for 1977 and up Camaros.

Website: http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/
Order form: http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/?page=ordform
An example: http://77rs.homestead.com/Dealer_Invoice_-_edit.jpg (used with permission from 77RS)

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message and I will be glad to help you!

What does GM Media Archive offer that Vintage Vehicle Services does not?

My car was not a Canadian built or ordered car and I got my info (plus dealer invoice) from Vintage Vehicle Services (Canada).

How long has the GM Media Archive been around? And...do they offer the exact same documentation as Vintage Vehicle Services in Canada?

Thanks!
 

CogentZ28

Veteran Member
Aug 6, 2007
466
Canada
1013_79z28 said:
What does GM Media Archive offer that Vintage Vehicle Services does not?

My car was not a Canadian built or ordered car and I got my info (plus dealer invoice) from Vintage Vehicle Services (Canada).

How long has the GM Media Archive been around? And...do they offer the exact same documentation as Vintage Vehicle Services in Canada?

Thanks!
From what I have been told, Vintage Vehicle Services is for Canadian only vehicles. On your documentation that you were sent, you should have a dealership address listed. Is it a Canadian one? do you have a scanned copy that I could see?

If you're interested, I have listed examples up above from each service as an example of what the person would receive if they were to order through either company.
 

1013_79z28

Veteran Member
Jan 24, 2008
151
PA
CrazyCamaro said:
From what I have been told, Vintage Vehicle Services is for Canadian only vehicles. On your documentation that you were sent, you should have a dealership address listed. Is it a Canadian one? do you have a scanned copy that I could see?

If you're interested, I have listed examples up above from each service as an example of what the person would receive if they were to order through either company.

My '79 Z28 is a Norwood built car that was originally sold in Pennsylvania. I know the history of the car pretty much from day one. My father bought it in 1982 and traded it in 1991. I just bought it back last year from the guy that has owned it for the past 19 years. I have the build sheet and it is not a Canadian sold car.

I received both (as you listed above) the information for my vehicle from Vintage Vehicle Services and they were also able to send me a copy of the original dealer invoice. I believe it was around $145.00 US for everything...well worth the money. So...I believe that Vintage Vehicle Services can do the information for anyone regardless of the vehicle being Canadian or US sold.

After reading the thread I thought that the GM Heritage Center offered something different than Vintage Vehicle Services.
 

cws455

Veteran Member
Sep 19, 2009
288
La Porte, IN
I used the GM Media Archive by Allied Vaughn and got a copy of my original invoice for my 1980 Z28. It originally was sold at Sands Chevrolet in Glendale, Arizona.
 

falloutboy

Veteran Member
1013_79z28 said:
After reading the thread I thought that the GM Heritage Center offered something different than Vintage Vehicle Services.

Yes, GM Heritage Center offers more engineering data, than sales or dealer information.
But you can get dealer brochures there, too, I think. But mostly for newer vehicles.

What was very valuable to me, was the information that GM send to foreign country officials about the specs of each car and year.
Now I have the information at hand that the official inspection guys usually use against you :)
 

76 camaro car 1

Veteran Member
Apr 23, 2010
2,468
St.Augustine,Florida
77RS said:
Thanks for posting this!

Here's a link to a thread for awesome FREE info from GM heritage

Over 800 Chevrolet Information Packages are now available for download free of charge. These packages contain basic specifications and equipment availability for most Chevrolet vehicles from 1913 to 2007. You may also purchase individual printed copies of information kits for all General Motors brands

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html
Very cool site!!!
 




Latest posts

Top