Visited the Huntington Beach Showroom today

Discussion in 'Classic Industries' started by 1970Camaro, Feb 6, 2021.

1. 1970Camaro

1970Camaro Veteran Member

My experience with visiting the Huntington Beach CA showroom today...
    I originally tried to take advantage of their 25% off online order sale and select WILL CALL, but the website didn't let me, So I drove down to the Huntington Beach Showroom, a little over 1 hour from me.
    Due to the pandemic, they had a ticket machine outside, You grabbed a number and they called the numbers from a loudspeaker and the security guard would let you in when it was your turn. That took about 1 hour, then You placed your order, and you were given a pager device and was asked to again wait outside till the pager started beeping and your order was ready and you went back inside to get your goodies, That was another hour. There was a steady stream of people usually about 10-15 deep waiting their turn. The staff at Classic seem to keep it together and keep the line moving. The best part was, They honored the 25% online order discount even though I ended up being a walk in. Like most of you who have ordered LOTS of stuff from Classic, Ive had my share of problems with them, but as of this visit I was very happy with my parts I received and level of service today

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Best way to do it! CI kills you on shipping!

3. fbody_mike

fbody_mike Veteran Member

At the end of December I went to Truck and Car Shop in Orange, they have tried to setup something similar but it was so disappointing that I left and just ordered the parts I needed online. It was basically the same, pull a number and wait outside. Based on the rate they were calling the numbers and the grumbles that could be heard from the people that have done that before it was going to be 3 hours, and that was with about half the waiting people giving up and leaving, like I did.

At classic could you at least wait in your car in between show room visits?

4. 80CamaroGuy

80CamaroGuy Member

I just put in a massive online order to get what’s needed to finish my build over $3k in parts then they called me and said the only door panels they have now is the standard, nothing with cloth inserts said no one does because the suppliers quite making them. Then told me my order would ship in 4 days it’s been a week and hasn’t shipped. Wish I could just drive there myself.ugh...

5. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

I stopped ordering anything from CI for myself or customer cars because of their shipping charges.

6. djgriff

djgriff Veteran Member

I was going to go to the showroom any day to save the shipping for an order of large parts that are truck freight and over size and double oversize (a full quarter panel a front fender a rear tail light body panel, outer wheelhouse and a front spoiler along with the drop off for the quarter panel a door skin front grill and a trunk lid torsion bar and a few smaller items. i was told if i pay now they would pull the parts and call me to set up will call pick up time with no day known till the call or just come down and go the the take a number and wait pay and wait some more scene described above. i am in SO Cal about an hour to 3hr drive depending on traffic .i asked what they will charge for shipping all of it and was very surprised when i was quoted $160 and change .My truck would eat $75-90 in gas with the cost of gas around $4.25 a gal for reg . and with the hassle of the waiting game and trying to fit everything in my truck the shipping seemed like a great deal. I HATE to pay for shipping anything it used to be where i could get anything local and be able to see what i was buying but no more. the world is changed a lot from just 10-20 years ago and changing even more and non of it seems very good. Back to the CI shipping cost , it seemed super reasonable as far as i tell between gas the time involved not to mention the aggravation i am avoiding i have to say i am very happy to pay the shipping and i still cant believe i am saying that

7. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

Last time I tried the order ahead and will call thing it didn't go so well... they said it takes a day or two to pick the parts... Now when I need something I just check the site to be sure it's not on back order then go to the showroom.