Vortec intake + Q-jet setup question

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
it was height ... now it's power ... typically, ya can't have it all. I don't know the hp differences. I wouldn't bet either way. I ran a 52007 years ago. And still have it for the next project. It IS chinesium. Unless you're a regular racer on a weekly track, unlikely you'd be able to discern a 5 hp diff anyway.

Francesco

Veteran Member
it was height ... now it's power ... typically, ya can't have it all. I don't know the hp differences. I wouldn't bet either way. I ran a 52007 years ago. And still have it for the next project. It IS chinesium. Unless you're a regular racer on a weekly track, unlikely you'd be able to discern a 5 hp diff anyway.
Chinesium lol. Ill go with the height. Less problems and good price!

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
Vortec pattern intake manifold gaskets

OP Francesco:
For a whole host of reasons, Vortec intake gaskets have a long history of failures. And not all intake gaskets are equal. You do Not need a race gasket; but you do need a gasket that will seal well first time and for a long time.
I both use & recommend these packaged as a pair for one motor:
Mahle Clevite Victor pn MS16167P
they are premium silicone rubber on a steel carrier-backing; don't skimp.

Mike Sinkoski

Aug 19, 2018
Charles Town WV
There is clearance? Really? If thats true then this is a game changer for me. How much clearance is there more or less? You including the filter cover of course.
With a drop base air cleaner and 3” filter I’m running a super low profile air cleaner nut from specter I think, and it literally just clears, It is very close but I believe there is about a 1/4” lip on the drop base air cleaner flange you can still grind down
image.jpg